Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze and text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I got my blaze yesterday and had no problem syncing it with my Samsung Galaxy Note III but here is the problem I get notifications when a text comes in but it's just a green bubble that says messaging with a white bubble under it that says new message but it doesn't say who it's from or what the message says. I just can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy
Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

same for me with my samsung galaxy. I enabled pop ups but there is no preview anywhere. Did anyone find a fix yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work with my text using messages.Go to text (as if you were going to write one)Then settings(I have note 3 and I have to click on bottom left to get a menu to come up with settings)Then click settingsThen notifications Then make sure u checkPop up display AND preview messaged

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
Check the phone's settings / connections / more networks / default messaging.
Now check sounds and notifacation / While locked - show all.
Now look under Application Notifications / your messaging program, / enable notifacation.

You might not have all of these, but for me of any are of notifications on the Blaze don't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me if this helped you read the messages or just to show you who is messaging you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is controlled under display in the app settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For messages installing Google  messanger worked, I can now read the body even when I have multiple unread messages.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Samsung S5.  Really frustrating.  If you figure it out please share!  Thank you!

Best Answer
Not with Verizon. There isn't an option there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kathybikes what is not with Verizon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's cumbersome trying to set it up my new Blaze with my Galaxy S5.  My hubby got it worked finally by enabling both notification on the phone messaging app AND on the Fitbit app as well.  I agree with Rich_Laue that what is shown up on the phone locked screen will be shown on the Blaze.  Moreover, if you are reading the text message on the phone, certainly there will be no pop-up on the Blaze because there will be no pop-up as the message is read as it received.

1. Enable Notification in Messaging app - follow other users' post (plently)

2. Enable Notifications in the Fitbit app:

Under the Dashboard, select Blaze -->General-->Call and Text Notifications-->Settings-->Text Notifications-->Enable Text notifications: turn it on.

Perhaps need to restart the phone after settings (i did this to get it to work).

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  This worked for my s4. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MakMak and @blueaugust29

This was super helpful! Thanks!

I had my notifications on but for some reason (on my iPhone 6S) I had to make sure that I turned on "Show in Notification Center" and now, all is right in the world 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

not getting next messages on Blaze.  I installed Handscent, uninstalled fit bit app from all my mobile devices, and reinstalled on my samsung galaxy 3.  BT paired S3 but still not getting text on Blaze.  I went trhough all the setting on Handscent but had not luck with texts showing up on Blaze.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you have the setting in handscent set to default and the is a
setting for preview. Then reboot both cell and Blaze. Then go into the cell
version of the Fitbit app and under notification then text? You should see
a list of messenger apps that Fitbit found on your cell. You should see
handscent.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@evertdarryl - I have an iPhone so I'm not sure that the same solutions are going to work but I'm crossing my fingers!! Here are the three things that I did:

• On the PHONE, go to your notification settings and turn on all of them for the fitibit. I had them partially turned on and that's why I wasn't receiving them (i.e. banners were on but not in notification center).

• You'll also need to turn on all notifications via the FITBIT APP (Blaze > Notifications > mark to receive all the notifications you'd like to receive).

• On the FITBIT DEVICE itself, when the face of the clock is showing, swipe down and click "ON".

I hope this helps. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@evertdarryl, the only thing I can add to @Joanne619's answer is the Phone's Settings.

On Android go to Settings-Sounds And Notifacations then scroll down to Show on Lock Screen, then set to Show Content.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it's not working for me either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CUFELLA have you checked your settings as per the post above yours?

Which messaging app are you using? Do you get notifacations popup on the phones lock screen?

Basically weekday habe ypu checked or tried. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the default Samsung message app. I do get the preview notifications on my lock screen from sms as well as other apps. I checked permission and went as far as clearing data in the application manager.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll assume the app is set up for notifacations,  by any chance does tge Bkaze show up as connected in the phones BT screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes