Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze only works when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

blaze will only work when on charger. i was only able to setup my fitbit blaze when it was plugged into the craddle i held it onto the charger pins and set it up . but once i remove it from the charge cradle it doesnt work at all. when it is plugged in batter symbol says it is full.

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @samxr100 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having problems with your Blaze even after trying our friend's tip? If you still having inconveniences, feel free to get in touch with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
No it still doesn't work . Only works in the cradle as soon as it is removed from cradle it no longer works

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Have you had any luck with your fitbit? Mine is having this issue as well. It seems to be a common thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up contacting fit bit with a little video showing that it only works on charger and they replaced it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Oh ok, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did the replacement last?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I bought the Fitbit Blaze last week and it started to do this yesterday. It works on the charger and then when I take it off 2 to 3 minutes later it shuts down. I guess it's a software thing more than actual hardware because of how long I had the product. I must say, for the price I paid, I'm pretty pissed off. I took the 3-year guarantee with BestBuy and I'm going to go see them on Friday but still... A product you sell this pricey shouldn't stop working after only a week.

Best Answer
Still going strong now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine never work when not on charge . Fitbit replaced it with copy of receipt no worries . My replacement has never had an issue still going strong .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for two months and it now does this as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Vanessa0527. I would like you to confirm you've restarted it and make sure you've fully charged it as this can be the reason why it's only working when it's connected to the charger. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

mine is doing the same thing. Will not turn on out of the charger. I've had mine for about 8 months... started doing that this last week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit and it was replace as it was within warranty time . 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @sjwoood! I would like you to confirm that you've restarted your Blaze and that you're fully charging it

Thanks for posting your input @samxr100! I'm glad to hear that it was replaced under warranty. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
it's fully charged but will not work if not in charger. Cannot start it, or turn it on
Best Answer

Have the same problem here, have had it for 9 months now, Blaze only works when in the charger as soon as it is removed it powers off. Have tried the restart as suggested in earlier posts, but fiddly as you have to do it whilst it is in the charger but possible. Any other advice moderators?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @sjwoood and @BenjaDix. I appreciate the troubleshoot that you've performed as well for the details mentioned. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Hope this helps! I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will keep happening. The Blaze is a faulty product. You're one of the few lucky ones...most of us this occurs right after the one year and you have a 200 dollar paperweight. 

Best Answer