Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze only works when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

blaze will only work when on charger. i was only able to setup my fitbit blaze when it was plugged into the craddle i held it onto the charger pins and set it up . but once i remove it from the charge cradle it doesnt work at all. when it is plugged in batter symbol says it is full.

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

🤔 So true my first issue was my battery   Wouldn’t last longer than 24 hours  :battery:  received a replacement now I have this issue  straightaway didn’t even get to where  It happened on the  first time I charged it  should’ve bought an Apple Watch  😬

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Amanda30! Sorry to hear that you're having issue with the replacement that you received. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that since you already have a case created with them, they will continue assisting you via email to provide you with the best solution. 

Hope this helps! I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I'm out of luck as I was gifted my Blaze and it will not work unless in charger. I've restarted (which is tricky while having device in the cradle), charged for days and as soon as it's put back in the band it goes dead. This is probably the reason it was given away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Hockeybub17! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned regarding the Blaze that was given to you as a gift. Since, it was used by someone else and then the complaint should be asked by the original user. You can learn more about it by checking the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My Blaze has started to only work (and by work I mean show the clock & notifications) inside the charger.

As soon as it is removed from the charger the screen goes blank and no buttons work.

I have managed to reboot (left and right buttons) whilst in the charger with the top off (and blaze pressed down on the contacts), and so the logos appears and then the clock. But this has no effect once removed from the charger.

Is this a battery issue or software issue?

Regards,

S

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze will not stay on, Evan after a reset to get it going it shuts down after a few seconds 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charged my Fitbit Blaze today after a few months without use and I now have this issue. I take it out of charge unit and it just dies! I have tried resetting a number of times. 

Please some one one help!

Best Answer

Do we have an answer as to why this issue is occurring to many people (not just me) and what the solution is?

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it just comes down to the blazer is now faulty mine was faulty after I did the update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see more posts by people reporting the same issue after the last software update. Can fitbit support confirm it is an issue with the software and if yes, is there going to be an update to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi s_jasper,

I really don’t think they will do this as they have discontinued the blaze  

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have the exact same issue.  Bought my wife a Blaze Dec 2017.  Works on charger then just shows the battery icon when not on charger.  Fitbit support said (you're out of warranty).. here have a 25% on next product.  Very nice of them to offer.. but I won't buy another one of your products.  Just over a year out of your product (and its clear there is a collective fault here) and you won't replace it,  then its unlikely I will buy another of your products. 

Best Answer

I had this issue about a year ago and my warranty was up 2 months prior to the issue. FITBIT wouldn't replace it but offered a discount on a new one. I landed up buying the Fitbit alta to replace it at bestbuy cheaper than what FitBit offered  I must say with so many people having this issue and the cost of the product, they should replace them all. Poor business practice, from a company I trusted at one point. (4 fitbits purchased)

Best Answer

Yep.. not sure why this is not coming under warranty as there is clearly fault with the Blaze. Even with the $25 voucher towards a new unit,  Fitbit have blown me out as a customer.  We have 4 Fitbits in our house and I will replace them with Garmin or Apple watches.  poor show Fitbit ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit blaze is charged and will not turn on after trying restart a couple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this and it was given to as a Christmas gift. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing this as well. Nothing gets it to display out of the charger.
Have searched extensively and there is no cure.
Fitbit should be issuing a recall on this watch.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. Fitbit it was the notifications issues,  for a month I haven't received notifications and response I received from Fitbit was well just wait for and OS update. Ugh!!!

Now for the past 5 days it will not hold a charge but as soon as I place it In the charger you says fully charge  I leave it overnight and it dies within an hour. Mind you the moment I place the device in the charger it shows fully charged. 

HELP PLEASE

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is happening to me too. i mean yeah, i’ve had this fitbit for awhile but i paid a pretty good amount for this device and for it to take a sh*t on me when i use it quite a lot sucks! it only works when it’s on the charger, i somehow got to restart the fitbit 3 times by pressing it on the charger, and still zero luck. right when i click the charger, it instantly turns off. but once i snap it back in, BOOM it turns on. so frustrating and i don’t have the money to get a new watch and i was pretty satisfied with this one! big bummer.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. But mine isn't in warranty. Tried everything could it need a new battery

Best Answer
0 Votes