Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calories burned is not accurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The calories burned is not accurate. I've accurately tracked how many calories I've eaten over the past two weeks and I should have lost at least 2 lbs per week based on my calorie deficit, but have not lost any.

I track my calories eaten very carefully, so I know calorie intake is accurate. I eat only prepackaged foods with the calorie count on the package and weigh the food every time, and the very few times I've eaten out, I overestimate the calories eaten. Therefore, that must mean the calories burned is not accurate if it is showing such a large calorie deficit and I am not losing any weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Julia you are awesome. I’m not ‘average either. No matter what I do I can’t lose I’m 34 yes old. It’s very discouraging to burn 2880-3000 calories a day(average) work out low sodium healthy no junk food(is Cheetos hotdog etc) and not lose weight. I have put my weight lower at a goal weight in order for me to work harder to get my burn goal. Hopefully this will bring my weight number down on the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NR1985 What a know it all. You don't know what you're talking about, yet you're suggesting someone take your advice. Where did you even come upo with 75%? You just pull that out of the air?

Best Answer

@JK07that 200 calories burned may be closer to the truth than you think. I used to go to the YMCA and on their $4000 treadmills they have heart rate monitors. I would run a 7 minute mile for 30 to 45 minutes. When I was done I would be sweating bullets and hear my heart pounding in my ears. 30 minutes gave me just over 250 calories typically. No joke. Not just on this machine but others. I also had a Polar watch a few years ago that had a chest strap to get your heart rate. Very accurate. Same thing. I think if anything FitBit tends to overcalculate your burn which is bad for people trying to lose weight.

Best Answer

@AlexaW95  No. No it's not. You can certainly optimize by eating healthier food and watching macros, but to lose a pound of fat in a week you need to burn 3500 more than your baseline calories to maintain current weight. Simple science. It does not matter what the calories you eat come from so long as you have a 3500 calorie deficit.

Best Answer