Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot add my Blaze after removing it because of sync problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my watch would not sync and getting a message is was connected to another device. I did not connect it to another device and only have it connected to my computer (Windows 10) I checked my phone (Android) and can't see it as connected there. I have "removed device" and now can't see how to "add" it again. I checked Bluetooth and it is paired on my computer.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry @melmo53 we might have needed more info. 

If you where getting the message on the computer than yes the device was probably connected to the phone and still is. 

The easiest thing is to turn the phone off or move it a minimum of 30 feet away, they say, but I'm able to sync with no problems at 60 feet. 

The other thing would be to turn the phones Bluetooth off, this will also disconnect the tracker. 

Was the tracker syncing through the phone? If so then use the phone to set the tracker up.. Now with the phone turned off it should sync through the computer. 

Of course it never matters how a sync is accomplished, once the tracker has synced the data can be read on every device in any way you would like. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

my watch would not sync and getting a message is was connected to another device. I did not connect it to another device and only have it connected to my computer (Windows 10) I checked my phone (Android) and can't see it as connected there. I have "removed device" and now can't see how to "add" it again. I checked Bluetooth and it is paired on my computer.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @melmo53 we might have needed more info. 

If you where getting the message on the computer than yes the device was probably connected to the phone and still is. 

The easiest thing is to turn the phone off or move it a minimum of 30 feet away, they say, but I'm able to sync with no problems at 60 feet. 

The other thing would be to turn the phones Bluetooth off, this will also disconnect the tracker. 

Was the tracker syncing through the phone? If so then use the phone to set the tracker up.. Now with the phone turned off it should sync through the computer. 

Of course it never matters how a sync is accomplished, once the tracker has synced the data can be read on every device in any way you would like. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK... I thought about the phone being the problem and shut it off... \Tks.

What are the steps to "add" my Blaze again. I see where it shows to add a new device, but will it be a problem to add a device that was already added once and since removed? Everything seems to point to new devices only or am I just reading too much into new device?

Rod

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem. I removed my fitbit from the app and now cannot seem to be able to add it back in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Emzxd did you try any of the suggestions above.. 

Is it not syncing with both the computer and the phone? One of them should work to set it up again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes