Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emergency alert (alarm sound or call/text a specified contact)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i got my Fitbit Blaze to not only help me count steps but to monitor my heartrate as it's a precursor (for me) to a potentially life threatening paralysis attack. However, it seems to be missing options for an emergency.

Here's what I need for my wearable to do, can the Blaze do any of them or do I need a different item?

1) I need a way to text or call a specified emergency contact. Preferably I could send a pre-determined auto-text with GPS location to my mom's phone so that she'd know where I was when I sent the alert. For example, wearing only the watch and while walking the dog I feel a paralysis attack coming on and before I collapse I send the alert. The alert was already configured via the phone app and synced. The configuration includes which number to send the alert and preferably attaches a GPS location from the Blaze. Mom often knows the route I take to walk the dog but having the GPS location included would be amazing.

2) I need a way to trigger an audible alarm from the watch. In lieu of an alert text or call being made, I could trigger the emergency sound that continues to beep until an end-alarm button is pressed. This would help me if I fell in the house and needed to audibly alert mom to my situation.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @NotYetaUser! I appreciate that you posted the idea that you found Emergency Contact Button or SOS Call, all of those are viewed by our engineers and developers. As you can see the idea has already been reviewed by moderator and as soon as it's under consideration the status will change. 

Hope this can be a feature soon. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I don't know if this would help or not, but one thing I like about the Fitbit is the ability to sync with other apps. Possibly for your mom to know about your route u cd use the app map my fitness/run?? It uses a gps signal to indicate where u r- I guess you'd have to also sync yr device with yr mom's phone? If u have an iPhone, you cd possibly use the app, track my phone-but I'm not sure how you'd reverse it? Also, if both of you have the waze app, she may be able to track u through that? I'm sorry u have these seizure type issues-looks like yr gauging out yr independence though with the dog & yr mom! Take care!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @kimberly0916! Thanks for the ideas that you've provided. I found this idea that you may want to vote for Emergency notifications. However, I didn't find the other one that you mentioned. You can post it in our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hey there @kimberly0916! I appreciate the tip that you shared. I'm sure this can help others. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Note: Fitbit are not medical devices. 

Best Answer

thank you both! i'll look into the apps mentioned. mom does have an iPhone and I have android. i already sync my Blaze with SparkPeople but I hadn't thought of other apps because I haven't used them in so long.

one of the comments on the other topic linked was to a product call V.ALRT which might be a viable pre-packaged solution but i don't have the funds to buy yet another product.

oh and yes i realize FitBits are not medical devices but i figure I'm already wearing it I might as well see what all it can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @kimberly0916! Thanks for replying back with the plans that you have to use Blaze and an alternative tracker. 

Regarding using another app, you may want to check the list. Also, you may want to check the Fitbit Blaze product manual so you can continue learning all about it. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I am looking for a sport connected watch and came accross the blaze model.

Suggestion for Emergency alert highligthed by @SilviaFitbitSilviaFitbit seems to have disappeared from the suggestion board.

Has this feature been released since Feb 2018 suggestion? Or are there other options to have same feature?

To me this feature is a clear differentiator and then mandatory feature for a sport watch.

Thanks 

Best regards

Pascal

Best Answer
0 Votes

(meant since Feb 2017 suggestion)

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @NotYetaUser! This feature hasn't been released yet as it was archived due to inactivity on the board. You may want to post it again in our Feature suggestion, those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the status will change to let you know about Fitbit plans regarding the idea. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Thansk @SilviaFitbit

I found another topic related to same request "Emergency Contact Button or SOS Call"

Hope this will help Fitbit consider the feature which is a must have for me

KR

Pascal

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @NotYetaUser! I appreciate that you posted the idea that you found Emergency Contact Button or SOS Call, all of those are viewed by our engineers and developers. As you can see the idea has already been reviewed by moderator and as soon as it's under consideration the status will change. 

Hope this can be a feature soon. 

Best Answer

it would be helpful if there was a message on here that let us know that Blaze is discontinued. I looked through all of these adding votes, only to find out that it was useless. -_-

Best Answer
0 Votes