Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit blaze shape for women

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am interested in getting the blaze but it seems as if the shape/size is aimed at men. In a couple of articles about it after CES it says ''fitbit is working on a more tapered and scooped design'' to appeal more to women. Is this true? I assume it woud be releasd at a later time if so...

http://mashable.com/2016/01/05/fitbit-blaze/#iXMqOT4f58qU

thanks

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@matt9013, With regard to the sizes... The main unit will be the same size independent of the size that you order, the different sizes refer to the length of the band and how it will fit differently sized wrists.

@z_0_e is correct is assuming that the Blaze will look larger on smaller wrists.

Personally, if size is a concern, I'd wait until I can actually put one on before ordering.  Or pre-order and use the 45 day return policy (though you'll have to pay return shipping) if it's not to your liking.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
It's not. It's like a plate on my wrist, and the band size for a small is really like a Men's medium.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

A lot of the promo pics of the Blaze and even the video on Blaze has women wearing it and it seems fine to me. Note that I'm a man so maybe I'm missing something. It's supposed to be unisex and comes in 3 sizes so it should pretty much fit any kind of wrist, man or women.

Best Answer

I see what you mean - especially for some smaller framed women (or those who can touch their pinky & thumb around their wrist) the Blaze mite be a little bulky/chunky looking... Woman Frustrated

Please don't forget to mark as a solution and/or vote up (thumbs up) if this post helped out, had you in agreement, or got you to smile.. 🙂
Best Answer

@matt9013, With regard to the sizes... The main unit will be the same size independent of the size that you order, the different sizes refer to the length of the band and how it will fit differently sized wrists.

@z_0_e is correct is assuming that the Blaze will look larger on smaller wrists.

Personally, if size is a concern, I'd wait until I can actually put one on before ordering.  Or pre-order and use the 45 day return policy (though you'll have to pay return shipping) if it's not to your liking.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@z_0_e At Fitbit we're always working to improve our products and services and greatly take your feedback into consideration when doing just that. As @PureEvil said above, I recommend waiting to have a display model at your local store available if you believe that sizing may be a concern.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I was more interested in whether a different shape is being made. It says
so in the mashable review above....fit bit says they are working on a
tapered and scooped design for women....BT I couldn't see that in the
official info...so was wondering
Best Answer

@z_0_e While at CES, I did see some cool wristband options on the displays where the band goes from standard sized to even thinner, sort of like a thin wristband. We're still working on getting more band options to you so that the device can be customized to you liking.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

It is possible to get an idea of size if you go to Target or Apple Store. From the specs the Blaze is about the size of the 42mm (larger than 38mm) Apple Watch:

http://versus.com/en/s/size/apple-watch-vs-fitbit-blaze

Fitbit Blaze only offers one *device* size which is about the same size as the 42mm Apple Watch. Fitbit did not announce a small *device* size more suitable for smaller wrists.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera I might be misunderstanding, but we do offer the Fitbit Blaze in sizes Small, Large, and Extra Large for pre-ordering! See our order page

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Blaze device is a single size, about the same as the 42mm (large) Apple Watch. And Blaze is larger than 38mm (small) Apple Watch. You can get a good feeling for Blaze size by comparing to 42mm (large) Apple Watch, just don't compare to the smaller 38mm model.

I agree the Blaze *bands* come in different sizes, to accomodate larger/smaller wrists.

Best Answer
Thank you for the clarification, bbarrera. The Apple large size is pretty clunky for a woman with a small wrist. But the Fitbit is thinner, right? That might make it look a little better on a small wrist.

fitbit flex user
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance....." from "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a measurement of your wrists? @JoanneinCA I'm clocking in at about 6.8 inches, and the Blaze fits me quite nicely. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoanneinCA wrote:
Thank you for the clarification, bbarrera. The Apple large size is pretty clunky for a woman with a small wrist. But the Fitbit is thinner, right? That might make it look a little better on a small wrist.

@JoanneinCA best I can tell the Blaze vs Apple Watch is slightly larger (height x width), and depth about the same.

Best Answer

I can tell neither the mods nor the company copy writers aren't watch people.

Look folks, it's really simple. Watch people need to know two measurements.

The diameter of the case from the left side and including the crown, or in this case, the push button. The reason is to compare to other common sized wrist watches that everyone knows. For instance, men's dive watches tend to be in the 40-45mm range in size with a trend toward larger sizes in the past ten years. Women's watches tend to be slightly smaller, in the 34-40mm size range. But women are wearing larger watches in this past decade as well.

By giving that one simple spec you would be telling the broad world audience who have been wearing wrist watches for years how the watch will fit in comparison to what they already know.

Also it would be extremely helpful to know the lug to lug length, in this case the top to bottom of the case excluding the strap, so that people could understand how much overhang on the wrist this watch will make.  

Best Answer

The seminal of the Blaze was slaying answered on the pysical demension thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that is not an answer. It appears to be showing that the length is less than the width which is impossible. And what is .75" x.100" supposed to refer to anyway? Is the .75" supposed to be the thickness? This is an  absolutely stupid and unclear diagram.

Also, everyone who has ever worn a Swiss or German watch or even a Casio knows that dimensions are given in mm, that is an industry standard and has been for a century.

Get it together Fitbit!

Best Answer

I believe the .75 x 1 is the actual size of the touch screen itself.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, that's great... but it still doesn't tell you what the size of the entire watch is so the consumer can gauge for themselves how it will wear on a human wrist. You can see pics but we need actual measurements.

I have pre ordered the Blaze. When I receive it you can bet I will give the correct length, the width and the height as well as post pictures so people can see how it wears on a 7 inch wrist.

Best Answer

That would be great if you do - I'm sure that will help a lot of people who are trying to decide on this product. Smiley Happy

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. This is Marketing 101.

My point is, when you are in the fitness band busines that is one thing and you can describe your product however want. But when you actually make a step into the WATCH business you need to pay attention to the norms of the industry and relate to how that business is conducted. It's about speaking the common language of your target customers.

And if you are a company exec and you think everyone has abandoned wrist watches in favor of smartphones you are mistaken. This is taking the wrist band and elevating it to the next step which is smart jewelry. So Fitbit would be wise to start acting like the player that it is instead of dropping the ball. They are competing against Apple for goodness sake, and Apple hired someone from the Swiss watch industry because they understand that this is jewelry.    

Best Answer