Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit blaze shape for women

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am interested in getting the blaze but it seems as if the shape/size is aimed at men. In a couple of articles about it after CES it says ''fitbit is working on a more tapered and scooped design'' to appeal more to women. Is this true? I assume it woud be releasd at a later time if so...

http://mashable.com/2016/01/05/fitbit-blaze/#iXMqOT4f58qU

thanks

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

@Tranloco  Thanks so much for your wrist measurements!  I too have a 5 and a 1/2 inch wrist and have held off ordering the Blaze, afraid it would be too big.  I don't mind a large watch but didn't want the face of it to be wider than the top of my wrist!  Now that a week has gone by, do you notice any other size issues with it?  I think I will be getting soon - my poor little Flex just isn't getting it done anymore!  🙂

Best Answer

My wife replaced her Flex with the Blaze.  She has TINY wrists.  While it's definitely large, she actually finds that she notices the device less than she noticed her Flex (and I think it's just how it lays on her wrist).  She absolutely loves the text and phone call notifications and can't imagine going back to something that doesn't have that.

Best Answer
I love it too now that i have gotten used to it.. I love the call notifications and music controls..
Rbrockport
Best Answer

The Blaze is superior to the Surge in every way.. Looks, functionality, comfort and the display blows the Surge's out of the water. 

Here it is on my hand next to a shop display surge. image.jpeg

Best Answer
The size doesn't bother me at all. The screen is large, yeah, but it's easy on the wrist. Even sleeping in it is more comfortable than my Charge HR. I loosen the band at night and tighten it back in the morning before my workouts. The band is thinner making it more flexable which adds comfort. Still loving the Blaze after 13 days. I think that we each have to decide what's most important and work out the quirks individually. It's great for me! Loving it!
Best Answer

It looks so much better than the Surge!!! Cat Wink

So happy I purchased it!! 

Rbrockport
Best Answer
Absolutely it looks better than the Surge. The Surge is thick and I'm not crazy about that angle.
Best Answer
Please explain to me why as of March 24th I can't find a demo Blaze to try on? Best Buy, Acsdemy, Macy's, etc.. all have in stock but No demo!!? So where can I try it on.. Getting less interested as time goes on ..........
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know in that I don't even think about Charge HR being on, wear it 24/7 so wondered what wearing Blaze would be like. Considering Blaze for day / Charge for night. But that may not be necessary.
Best Answer
I wear my Blaze 24/7. I don't even notice it at night. The band is more flexable making it comfy. I move it up higher on my wrist and tighten it for workouts and loosen it for normal wear.
Best Answer
@Tennisgirl1, I am using the charge HR at night and Blaze by day. It lets me charge one while wearing the other when I need to charge one of them. Wore the Blaze at night the other day though and it was fine. Love how the blaze fits my small wrist. Although it is bigger than the charge HR, I really don't notice it as I go about my day.
Best Answer
Hi do you mind me asking what size wrist you are. Mine is 6" and trying to decide if blaze too big
Best Answer
Mine are less than 6 inches and I worried too but it has been fine. I think it looks bigger online than it feels.
Best Answer
Thank you. I have the charge HR but it sticks out st the sides on my tiny wrists. I'm hoping the blaze will b a better fit
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is 5 and half and it's just fine. The blaze doesn't have that angle in the design like the charge HR does so it lays flat and doesn't have that extra space.
Best Answer
Wrist is about 6.5". Most of comments seem to support that due to design it lays flat and doesn't appear to big.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much to everyone who has chimed in on this thread!  I finally took the plunge based on your comments and purchased one for myself, which just arrived today.  I'm 5 feet tall, 112 pounds and have a 5.5 inch wrist circumference.   It is much more comfortable than I expected and still room to go smaller, since I have it currently on the 3rd to the last hole on the band.  It obviously is large and the face covers most of my wrist but as others have stated, lays flat and does not cause any discomfort at all.  In fact, I really don't even notice I have it on, which isn't the case for me with most watches.  Of course, it's only the first day so I could change my tune as time goes by but very happy with the fit, for now.fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
CMichelle, Sweet!! Looks great.. Keep us posted! Do you plan to sleep with it? If so.. Would like to know how that goes.
Best Answer
I slept with mine the last couple of nights and it has been fine.
Best Answer
I sleep with mine and never notice it's there. I hardly notice I have it on anymore. 🙂
Best Answer