Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit blaze shape for women

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am interested in getting the blaze but it seems as if the shape/size is aimed at men. In a couple of articles about it after CES it says ''fitbit is working on a more tapered and scooped design'' to appeal more to women. Is this true? I assume it woud be releasd at a later time if so...

http://mashable.com/2016/01/05/fitbit-blaze/#iXMqOT4f58qU

thanks

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

I know - this turned out to be a problem for me as well.  I went to Best Buy.  They didn't have a demo and wouldn't open the box.  The employee has one and let me try his on <it was a large leather band> it seemed okay....so I bought the large band Blaze.  I drive all the way home,  put it on and it was wayyyyyyyyyyy too big...I never dreamed there would be that much difference between leather and silicone.  Then of course I had to drive all the way back to the store to take it back, and of course I was irked that I had to drive all the way back to the store so told them "no thank you" when they asked if I wanted to exchange it for the right size.  So I guess the lesson is - go ahead and buy it, open the box and put it on in the store - at least that way if it doesn't fit you can just walk to the service desk to get it exchanged.  You'll still wind up with a new device and the store will be selling the other one as an "open box" item at a cheaper price.  Even if they just had band in the different sizes with no device available behind the counter - it would besave many <customers "and" store personnel> a lot of grief, frustration and inconvenience.  Silly, silly, silly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am quite petite with a 5 1/2 inch wrist, I currently have the Fitbit flex and was so excited to see the Fitbit blaze because it appeared to be a sleek model with a feature I'd love to have - a heart rate monitor.

I looked at it online, reviews, videos etc. but wanted to see it in person for fear that it would be too large of a face for my wrist. I tried on the blaze in small plum, the face of the fitness watch spanned my whole wrist and looked more than a smidge bulky. Mind you I love metal boyfriend style large watches but this is far too large for my wrist.

Very disappointed and hopeful a sleeker model with a heart rate monitor is in the near future.
Best Answer

@JessicaFL I have fairly small wrists as well, which is why I favored the Charge HR for so long. I definitely agree that there should be a sleeker model in the future.

I'd encourage anyone that feels the same to check out this Feature Request. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

@JessicaFL I am the same size - 5.5 inch wrists and only 5 feet tall with very thin wrists and I haven't had any issues with size at all.  It lays very flat against your wrist and I adore the large, bright screen - so easy to read.  

However, that said, I personally have had issues with the Blaze and am currently waiting on my second replacement tracker due to consistantly under counting steps so I suggest buying a Blaze with caution right now!  I think they still have some bugs to work out.

Best Answer

A smaller Blaze is needed for women... also too much space is wasted on the blank/black space surrounding the display.. can't they get rid of this blank space and make the devices smaller (and thinner).

Best Answer

This thread says "Solved" but the headline is Blaze Shape for Women and so far I only know of one design available. I would like to see a less hard-edged design that would appeal more to women. The current Blaze is a very masculine design. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cinny you'll need to look beyond the heading and look at the origanal post.  For it is this person who marked this thread solved.  Now that you see what is being asked,  look at the solution,  in this case the answer is for her question, and not what you are asking about. 

Yes there might be a Blaze shaped more for a woman in the future, the users that are posting jeer do not have any inside Fitbit info.

The marked solution for now is to go to a store that sells Fitbits, ask to look at, and try one on the wrist. Now a decision can be made as to if it is too big. The solution is to try, not second guess the look.

Best Answer
After having it for a while, any regrets?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my Blaze and I really liked my Charge HR ( gave to my daughter)! The size,shape all work well for me. Have blk and purple band. Did try camel leather - that was a bust! Poor design in my opinion. Did get scale.. Love it too.. Now can always be aware of those extra lbs. Guess I've been lucky, no problems! 😜

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I love mine too! Had it since it came out, it gets a lot of attention from admirers asking if it's the Apple watch.
Best Answer

I just got a Blaze, and it's an interesting experience coming from a Martian Notifier previously.  One key area is fit; while the Martian has as big a face and larger/ thicker body, the band comes out at approcimately a 100 degree angle.  I'm not sure how well that fits the large wristed, but for me, it means the band tucks tidily against the sides of my wrist, even though the watch itself is as wide as my wrist.

I have the Blaze in large; at the tightest notch, it fits snugly with no wiggle or shifting.  But the band sticks out at more like 135-140 degrees, and is too stiff to curve tightly to match the arc of my wrist.  The end result is a gap big enough for me to stick a thumb in, along the side of my wrist.  I'm anticipating this being a snag nuisance.

It seems like this could be easily fixed with a smaller case (without the ornamental but unnecessary dead space at top and bottom) and with a band more like standard watches, where it can rotate around its pin at the point of attachment to angle sharply or not as needed.  Hopefully such a design is in the works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@z_0_e wrote:
I was more interested in whether a different shape is being made. It says
so in the mashable review above....fit bit says they are working on a
tapered and scooped design for women....BT I couldn't see that in the
official info...so was wondering

Did you ever find out about the change in design? If so, did you find out when it might come out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is NOT a solution to the request.

The request is for Fitbit to make a version of Blaze, where the unit and its frame are sized closer to the AppleWatch 38mm unit.

When I was investigating which fitness tracker to buy last year, I decided to stick with Fitbit.  I've lost 25 lbs. since then and while the Blaze was a bit large for my wrist then, it is now jsut too large.

IS Fitbit planning to make a version of the Blaze with its lovely interface where the unit is physically sized to be more compatible to a women's smaller frame?  If not, then I will probably be moving from Fitbit to Apple watch in the near future.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
To me the Blaze is on the non-masculine side. A little too pretty. Fitbit has to compromise so both sexes would accept the style of the Balze.

What, exactly, would a masculine version of the Blaze look like?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I own Blaze but its chunkiness bothers me all the time. I am 5.2 tall, 105 pounds. Whatever wrist band I wear, the watch itself is just too big and too thick. I fasten the wrist band tighter but then my wrist starts throbbing and it hurts... If battery life goes down to 2 days and some other features have to be cut down, but if it looks more female, is smaller and is rounder, I'll definitely go for it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Von

how are you doing

Best Answer
0 Votes