Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my blaze is just blinking with white and blue dots

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze is just blinking with white and blue dots, not able to do anything. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hi secker,

by "blinking with white and blue dots", you mean the Fitbit logo that appears on the display during startup?

Then I'd suggest resetting your Blaze by keeping the left button pressed together with the lower right button until the display goes dark and the Fitbit logo reappears.

Regards,

Stefan

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Tried to do that, but eather is does not reset or it does not help, because the blinking just continues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please try putting your Blaze into it's charging cradle to see what happens when you connect the USB plug to your charger.

Regards,

Stefan

Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Done that. looks like it connects, the blinking stops, and I get the sounds from computer that is is connecting. One second later, I get the sound from the computer that it disconnects, and the watch starts to blink, and then it connects again. And then this is repeated over and over again. (Almost like a phone where whe powercable is partly broken)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately that sounds like a defective unit. Please try contacting Fitbit Support to get further assistance.

Regards,

Stefan

Best Answer

Hello @secker welcome to the Fitbit Community! @Talahthas thanks for your cooperation, I'm glad to see you around 😉 @secker did you reach out to customer support 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey I just got my new Fitbit blaze. It has jittery black lines across the clock face but not on other screens and only appears on 1 of the 4 clock options. I also have a white box over part of the today screen?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bryn, hope you are having a great day! I would suggest to restart your tracker and if the display is not working after that, contact customer support they will be happy to help. 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already talked to them thanks, all sorted now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@secker wrote:

Done that. looks like it connects, the blinking stops, and I get the sounds from computer that is is connecting. One second later, I get the sound from the computer that it disconnects, and the watch starts to blink, and then it connects again. And then this is repeated over and over again. (Almost like a phone where whe powercable is partly broken)

Hey @secker - I got the same thing when I tried to set up my new Blaze!  First attempt to set it up right out of the box I got the message that the battery was too low to complete the setup, so I put it in its cradle, plugged it into my computer's USB port, and got the same series of connect/disconnect sounds you report! 

I played with it for about an hour wiggling wires and trying to get a solid connection, but no love.  Then just for a lark I tried plugging it into my iPhone wall charger.  The setup immediately started happening, the progress bar appeared and completed, I got the checkmark confirmation that it completed successfully, the battery charged up, and all seems fine.

I know my computer's USB port is OK because everything else I plug into it works solidly.  And since the Blaze charger works perfectly with my iPhone wall charger, I've gotta believe that there's no loose connection there either.

My working theory/wild guess is that the computer's USB port wasn't supplying enough power to kickstart the setup process, and that it hung because it was trying to do 2 things at once, charge the battery, and complete the initial setup, and there just wasn't enough juice to go around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found this article that may help explain some of the setup problems with the Blaze. 

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/115251-how-usb-charging-works-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-s...

In short, it describes how different USB ports, while all 5 volts, can deliver different amperages...some more, some less.  Think of volts as the pressure of the electricity (like water pressure in a pipe) and amperage as the "stuff" of electricity (like the water itself).  Since all USB ports are 5 volts, the elecrical pressure going into your device will be the same, but a higher amperage rating means it can deliver more juice at a given pressure.  And I'm thinking what's needed to get the Blaze set up and charged is more "juice" than some USB ports can deliver.  So that's why my iPhone charger worked and my computer didn't.  Sorry if this isn't clear...give the article a read and it should help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LarryInSeattle thanks for taking the time to share this information! 🙂  @Bryn I'm glad to know your issue was solved! 

Hope to see you around in the Discussions board, it's a great place to share your story with the community and find new Fitbit friends! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

Hello @LarryInSeattle thanks for taking the time to share this information! 🙂  @Bryn I'm glad to know your issue was solved! 

Hope to see you around in the Discussions board, it's a great place to share your story with the community and find new Fitbit friends! Woman Very Happy

Hi @AngelaMa - Could you do me (and I assume the others on this thread) a huge favor and check with the technical folks at fitbit to find out the wattage requirements to run the initial Blaze setup when the internal battery is too low to do it (which is often the case when taking a new unit out of the box) ? 

By my calculations, a standard USB 1.0 or 2.0 can deliver only 2.5 watts (5 volts at 0.5 amps...watts=volts x amps), USB 3.0 up to 4.5 watts, but an Apple iPhone wall charger can deliver 10.5 watts.

My guts tell me that this is why folks are experiencing the problem with initial Blaze setup.  I suspect that it wants to draw more power (i.e., wattage) than the computer USB port can deliver, and that this is why it keeps connecting/disconnecting and not completing the setup.

For example, if it needs to draw 4 watts to complete the setup, users who plug it into a USB 1.0 or 2.0 port would be out of luck, but USB 3.0 users would be fine, as would users who plug it into a wall charger.

Sorry if this is kinda geeky, but I taught junior college science for many years so I just think this way.  If you could get an answer and post it here, it would be very helpful for me and others who want to understand this thing.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heya Everyone,

So i received my fitbit on saturday and i have had no luck getting it set up. i managed to get to the section to put in the code to pair with my mobile then the battery died so it would not carry on the set up.

placed on charge as it recommended but it has not charged.

i have spoken to customer support who seem to just think that it needs resetting tried this while on chat to them and it did not work.

i have left to charge all day and come home tried to connect again and no battery

attempted to reset and now the screen is just flashing on and off all the time with the fitbit logo coming and going. 

it is connected  into my computer and it is making the sounds like it is trying to connect

someone please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @danielle2012 -

Have you tried plugging it into a wall charger rather than the computer's USB port?  I had your exact same problem (I think my old post is still on this thread), and when I used my iPhone wall charger the Blaze went through its setup, update etc just fine.

My best guess is that the wall charger can deliver more current (amps) than the computer's USB port, and that's what the Blaze needs to get up and do it's initial setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, and I suggest keeping the device you link to the Blaze close enough to maintain the Bluetooth connection while you've got the Blaze on the wall charger. It needs to maintain that connection to do its setup. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is doing absolutely nothing but showing the logo as well. I've attempted to "reset" it and still nothing. I bought it from fitbit online. Will they send me a new one if this is defective??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my blaze since June & have had no problems at all until last night/today.....I am having it sit with the Fitbit blue dot icon on the screen & blink every so often...then will even blink with a red screen.  I have tried to hold down the right bottom button along w/ the left button to reset it & it does nothing.  I have tried going to my app on my iPhone & sync it but it just says it is "looking"......Please help....I love this watch!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes