Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone calls go to blaze, but not messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the blaze for nearly two years and love it.  ....or loved it.  I have gone through different phones and never a problem with syncing.  A week ago I reset all my phone settings and can no longer get text messages to appear on the blaze.  I have checked and double checked settings, restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, everything.  Nothing works.  Phone calls show up on the watch, but no text messages.  I thought maybe my blaze just wasn't working anymore given its age --- the good thing, Blaze has longevity as that was not the problem  The new one has the exact same issues.  Everything but text messages come through.  Notification settings are exactly the same for messages as they are for phone but different results - phone messages come through, but not text messages.  I have an iPhone with the latest update ...which has thrown in a few more "features" so it has to either be a setting that is blocking messages but not calls, or the latest update isn't compatible with blaze.  Help!

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I haven't received text message for 5 days.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset bluetooth, paired, unpaired and still nothing!  I'm thinking it's time to move to a smarter watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am starting to think the same thing.  the beauty of the watch was getting text messages while in those many settings in my work life where having my phone sounds turned on is inappropriate.  very disappointing.  

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @JanelleMo and @DDah! I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing regarding text messages. I've shared your post with Customer Support, keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Silvia,

I am having issues getting text messages.  I get phone calls and notifications from other apps, but not texts.  I do not even receive a notification.

Please assist.

Dawn

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything a few times in several different orders. All the settings are set correctly in both the blaze and in my phone under notifications. I hope this issue gets resolved soon. 

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @ShannonLutman and @DDah! Thank you so much for the troubleshoot that you've performed. I would like you to confirm that you have all settings correctly set up in your account, check this article How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

If after double checking you have everything properly configured, share a screenshot of the notifications settings for the messages apps. 

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I fixed the issue. It was all me.

The Holy Spirit lives within us, providing us with His peace and comfort (John 14:26-27).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. I am having the same problems. I am receiving calls but not text messages. My notifications for calls and text messages are both turned on. But only getting phone calls. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Seblamilla. I would like you to make sure that you have all the requirements to properly set the notifications. Also, please verify the notification settings in your iPhone: 

1. The Fitbit App
  2. Phone
  3. Messages (text)
  4. Calendar 
  5. 3rd Party Apps

If after this, you're still not receiving text messages, provide me with a screenshot. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem 

Best Answer

photo (2).pngphoto (1).pngphoto.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just started working by itself. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine still isn’t working. I get calls and app notifications just not texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my blaze a few days ago and I am having this same problem.  I have an iPhone and I have gone through the whole list of troubleshooting. Including resetting everything, turning off Bluetooth phone and blaze, uninstalling and reinstalling. Still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that it started working for you @EnzaneB@Seblamilla

Hey @ShannonLutman. Thanks for the screenshot that you've attached. I've shared your post with our Support team, as just as your screenshots show you have all settings properly set. 

Welcome to the Community @escha. I'm sorry to hear that after performing the procedure posted above, you're still having this issue. Please confirm that all the settings are correctly configured on the iPhone for the following apps:

1. The Fitbit App
  2. Phone
  3. Messages (text)
  4. Calendar 
  5. 3rd Party Apps

If after this, provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Keep me posted. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem - phone calls go to fitbit but not messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Same problem and screen looks the same as the screen shots someone above put in? It’s so frustrating - please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @SunsetRunner! I would like you to make sure you've tried the following such as force quit the app, reset Bluetooth, restart your device, refresh notifications and set them up again. If you need help following any of the previous procedures, you can check the following article My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Also, I would like to know what phone are you using and the OS version you currently have? 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all that you have suggested. I have an iPhone 5

Best Answer
0 Votes