Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check Fitbit App" message when starting an exercise on the Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Galaxy S7 and the Blaze is paired and counts steps, sleep, heartrate etc with no problems, but whenever I try to track exercise it tells me "Check App", what's this all about?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @AlacrityF174. Great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your tracker showing this message when you're trying to track an activity. Now, this happens when you're tracking an activity that will use your GPS (as a run, a walk, a bike ride or a hike for example) and your tracker can't connect to your phone.

Your tracker will fail to connect to your phone in two instances, the first one is when you have force quit the app and then try to start an activity record from your tracker and it doesn't find the app to be open or the second scenario is when you don't have good cell phone reception and for that reason, it will not connect properly.

Be sure that if you get this message, you open the Fitbit app on your phone for it to connect successfully and if you don't want it to track your GPS route, you can just ignore it and start the activity anyways.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ferdinand

Thanks for the response, I have never forced closed the fitbit app and I
see this even if I reboot my phone and try to connect the fitbit exercise
tracker.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff
Best Answer