Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check Fitbit app" when trying to use Connected GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

My new Blaze was delivered today from Fitbit, as a replacement for my Charge 2 which has a crack in the screen. I have managed to set everything up with no problems, but when I start a Connected GPS activity I keep getting the message "Check Fitbit app" and the GPS is red with a line through.

The settings on my phone and Blaze are the same as I used with my Charge 2 which worked fine with connected GPS. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to rectify this issue, please? I rely heavily on connected GPS to track my daily cycle rides and walks.

Thanks,

Marc

Update: Issue seems to have resolved.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AlejandraFitbit  Thank you for the greeting.

I think it may have been a Bluetooth connectivity issue. 

I have noticed with the Blaze that for connected GPS to work properly my phone's Bluetooth has to display as 'connected to Blaze (Classic)', otherwise I get a message stating phone not found and connected GPS is not available.  With the Charge 2 I just had to have Bluetooth enabled.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you around @Marc_PL.

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your Charge 2 and what you are experiencing with your Blaze, but it's great to hear that this has been resolved. If you can share the steps you did in order to fix this would be awesome.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit  Thank you for the greeting.

I think it may have been a Bluetooth connectivity issue. 

I have noticed with the Blaze that for connected GPS to work properly my phone's Bluetooth has to display as 'connected to Blaze (Classic)', otherwise I get a message stating phone not found and connected GPS is not available.  With the Charge 2 I just had to have Bluetooth enabled.

Best Answer

Thanks for this information @Marc_PL. I know that users that are experiencing this same issue will find this helpful. If you need anything else, feel free to let us know.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes