Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New" Blaze not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blaze that I have had for 4 years, but not used until this week. I charged it, then did the setup via the app, and did pair with my phone.  Even though the Blaze shows fully charged when in the charger,  it will not turn on after removing it from the charger. I have tried holding down the left and bottom right buttons for 10+ seconds,  but the logo does not appear.  I have an active Blaze ss well, and made sure it was off while setting up the new one.

Thanks,

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

20210516_155428.jpg

 Photo of the Blaze "active" in charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lithium ion batteries are said to have a safety shut off to prevent undercharging. Once  the battery shuts off, you'd need a charger with a "boost" feature. If it sat unused for four years, this is likely the case? In the charger it has power from the power source. While this could seem the case, I have never seen anyone follow up that they were able to "wake" their fitbit battery. 

http://www.benzoenergy.com/blog/post/awaken-a-sleeping-li-ion-battery.html

"Li-ion batteries contain a protection circuit that shields the battery against abuse. This important safeguard also turns the battery off and makes it unusable if over-discharged. Slipping into sleep mode can happen when storing a Li-ion pack in a discharged state for any length of time as self-discharge would gradually deplete the remaining charge. Depending on the manufacturer, the protection circuit of a Li-ion cuts off between 2.2 and 2.9V/cell.

Some battery chargers and analyzers, feature a wake-up feature or “boost” to reactivate and recharge batteries that have fallen asleep. Without this provision, a charger renders these batteries unserviceable and the packs would be discarded. Boost applies a small charge current to activate the protection circuit and if a correct cell voltage can be reached, the charger starts a normal charge.

'

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would try plugging the Blaze into the fast charger for your phone. 

The main issue I see is that your "New" Blaze is actually 4 years old, and a typical Lithium battery should be near the end of its expected life. 

Best Answer