Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Restart your phone to restore tracker notifications"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Fitbit blaze in december 2017 as a gift from my girlfriend. At first, it worked really well. I got notifications, syncing went fine etc. A real joy!

But about two months later, I stopped receiving notifications from my phone (Huawei P10). Also, it took far more time to sync each day. I started looking for solutions: deleting cache, log out, delete app, turn of bluetooth, restart Blaze watch... Nothing didn't help.

So, for the last few months I only used a couple of features: heart rate when running, alarm and sleep tracker. Until I saw the new (cool) video of the Fitbit Versa, I decided to (re)take a close look to my issue. So, again I tried the same measures and, oh boy, I did receive notifications again... For a couple of hours... 

So, therefore my question: "What can I do to make this thing work properly again?". I'm really desperate...

My experiences for the last couple months won't invite me to buy a Fitbit again, nor recommending it to friends or family.

Thanks for the reply...

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I just got a new phone, which I paired to a new Charge HR 2 (sent over from Fitbit as a replacement to my broken one) and I can't get any notifications other than this constant, annoying message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here  worked just fine when I got the Blaze but now it's rubbish. Can't say if it stopped working when installing a firmware update or if it just happened .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my versa last week and have this problem. The only thing that made it work was restarting the fitbit and even then it worked for about 10 minutes and then starting telling me to restart my phone again.

Really frustrating because if I'd have known it wasn't going to work with my phone (also p10) I would have for a cheaper one that just doesn't have the function all together or I would have looked at getting a different smartwatch.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Restart phone and it just comes back on. Fitbit charge 2 here. 

Screenshot_20180514-075634.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it's not just me having this problem. I never had a problem with notifications on my Blaze - well, that's sort of a lie. I would sometimes have problems getting them to activate properly in the app (I'd turn on notifications, but it wouldn't take hold when I backed out of the activation menu). But when they did, they were perfect. But now? I'll have them work about 10% of the time. The other 90%, I get that error message.

EDIT: Holy crap, I may have just found a solution. At least for me - your mileage may vary, however. In any case, it's worth sharing.

If your phone allows you to move installed apps between internal storage and an installed microSD card, see if the app is installed on the microSD card (App Manager > Fitbit > Storage, should then be the top item). If it is? Move it back to internal storage. I did this, went back into Fitbit, didn't see the "notification service not running" in the Notifications menu and sent myself a test notification successfully. I have absolutely no idea why this worked, but I've solved other app issues in the past by moving them back to internal storage (I know, for example, widgets can't be run from microSD-installed apps, Waze was constantly logging me out when it wasn't on internal storage, etc.).

Hope this helps someone!

Best Answer

I too am having this issue. It's very frustrating. I really want to give up this **ahem** device as I can't use it for the intended purpose. This better not be some ploy for us to buy the newest product that is more akin to a smart watch. I am on my second Blaze now. The first one I had lost all battery capacity in less than 3 months where I could not hold a charge longer than a minute. Fitbit is really letting me down right now. Has anyone tried going onto the website and chatting with the support staff??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried this. Moved the app from microSD to Internal Storage and rebooted the phone. I no longer get the "Restart your phone..." notification, but when I sent a test notification from the Fitbit App, nothing happened on my Charge HR 2, even though there was no error message in the app. Called my phone (I have "Calls" turned on in the app) but again no notification on the Charge. Will recharge the tracker and reset it, then see what happens. Seems like a step in the right direction, anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow-up:
Reset the tracker, made sure notifications were on on the tracker. Now seems to be working as expected. Guess moving the app to internal memory is magic!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad my experience was of some assistance! I know how maddening it is when things like the notification functionality don't work correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been getting this message the last couple of days. Tried everything.. restarting, rebooting, re-installing and clearing cache etc. but to no avail. It’s clearly an update issue that needs to be addressed.

Best Answer