Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Turn on bluetooth to sync your tracker" IT IS ON!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got this today and I'm getting really frustrated. I downloaded fitbit connect and went through the first couple steps, it told me to push the left button, I did, then hit next. Then I got this error message saying my Bluetooth on my Mac wasn't on when it is, I always have my bluetooth on. the charging cord is plugged in. I turned the bluetooth off and on again and it still didn't work.

So I decide to just sync it with my Iphone5 instead. Updated the software, started through the setup process, got the 4 digit number and entered it. THEN I got got the "error message: bad request (400)". I tried it twice, same result. I logged out, closed the app, and restarted my phone which finally got it to work. However, I would still like to sync it with my laptop or know why it isn't seeing my bluetooth is on.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I'm not sure that Fitbit Connect can use the built in Bluetooth on a Mac. I know it can't on a PC but my Mac knowledge is a little thin. That might be worth confirming before going too much further with this.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has a Windows snd Mac version of the Connect software. Macs now have the ability to dual boot the Mac OS, Windows, or Linux.  So we don't know which OS is being run on @Erykun's Mac. While the Windows version might run in the Windows mode on the Mac the hardware might not be compatable. The Mac version in the Mac mode should work fine.

Best Answer

@Erykun Glad you got it up and going with your iPhone.  That's all I ever use.

Fitbits won't sync with the mac's built-in bluetooth.  You would need to have a dongle (which doesn't come with the Blaze).  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the dongle can be bought seperately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

But the dongle can be bought seperately.

Good point @Rich_Laue  And although I hardly ever sync with my computer since it is just easier to use my iPhone, I've found that the following works with the mac version of fitbit connect (download the lastest version).

-- dongle from another fitbit (One, Charge, Charge HR ...).  

-- plugging the Blaze charger into your mac - you could charge and sync at the same time, though to sync you have to open fibit connect.

Also, if you usually sync your Blaze with your phone you have to turn bluetooth off on the phone before you try to sync with the mac.

Hope this helps @Erykun

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thank YOU!!!! finally. dongle and turning off phone bluetooth got it working on my macbook! yaaay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my replacement FitBit Charge HR with dongle and charging cable too.  I have the dongle plugged in.  My Mac is all BlueTooth (wireless keyboard and mouse).  I still can't connect FitBit to the Mac.  I completed the set up on iPhone, but can't find how to change the FitBit display to Time, Date and Day.  It just shows Time.  My old FitBit indicated Time, Date and Day.  This is really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What model MAC do you have @kkb1234? The older MAC's dont have the required Bluetooth Low Energy.

Im a little confused, you say that the replacement tracker shows a clock face. What device was used to setup and update the firmware of the replacement unit? Is it possible that this was done through the charging cable connected to the MAC?

As for changing the clock, go to www.fitbit.com log into your account, if needed, click on the settings and the tracker - click clock face then your choosen one. You must now sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every little thing I could think of and putting my phone one airplane mode with the Bluetooth on it automatically synced the fitbit. 

Best Answer

This works!

Best Answer
0 Votes