Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"could not complete your fitbit blaze" how do I get it to do this

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I recieved a Blaze for christmas and got it charging and when I came back from work I decided to set it up, got right up to the point where it asked me to update it, it searches and locates the tracker, says the update is starting and then a few short seconds later it tells me "could not complete your fitbit blaze update" with the option to try again or remind me later. very frustrating and hope you guys in the community or the admins could help me out.

have tried fitbit connect and it won't work, as it keeps asking for a fitbit dongle. (I'm running on windows 10) tried connecting and updating via my ipad but it doesn't provide the option to update, only settings for my fitbit. also started repeating the update and restarting the app and the fitbit itself and still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Congruenceislif. Great to see you in the Community! 🙂

If your tracker is not completing the setup process and doesn't update, I can recommend restarting your tracker. You can do this by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for about 10-12 seconds, Your tracker will then reboot and after that, you can try to set up your tracker again and see if this makes the tracker to complete the set up process until the end.

Let me know if this works for you!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had already tried this and still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

having same problem.  Just bought Blaze at Bed Bath and Beyond to replace old Blaze.  Went through "replace" device.  Tried to set up, was told battery too low.  Charged battery over night and now trying setup.  Still can not update with same response you got.  Twice tried to "reboot" Blaze holding left and lower right button...nothing.  Did I buy a "lemon"?  My previous Blaze was fantastic and set up like magic.  Will look for additional help ideas then I guess return to store for a replacement.  Bummer!

Best Answer
0 Votes