Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texts to the wrong fitbit blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Both my parter and I have fitbit blazes. last night while sat on the sofa together a text came through to my phone, however at the same time both mine and my parters fitbit buzzed and the text came through to both our fitbits. we both have the contact in your phones but came up with the nickname i have in my phone.

has this happened to anyone else ? 

am rather worried as this is a very serious security mess up, rather concerned this could happen again or to say a strangers fitbit on the bus or due to letting fitbit receive my text notification this has lead to other devices receiving my personal information.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Question " do you want to know if this happened before, or do you want to know how to prevent it? 

So how long ago was it when your partners Blaze was connected to your phone? You simply need to disconnect his tracker from the phones Bluetooth settings. 

This happens when a trackers is removed from the account, but not removed from the phone. 

Or when a person logs in to a friend's account, it is possible that their friends Fitbit and gets bonded to your phone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Question " do you want to know if this happened before, or do you want to know how to prevent it? 

So how long ago was it when your partners Blaze was connected to your phone? You simply need to disconnect his tracker from the phones Bluetooth settings. 

This happens when a trackers is removed from the account, but not removed from the phone. 

Or when a person logs in to a friend's account, it is possible that their friends Fitbit and gets bonded to your phone

Best Answer

thank you will give it a go.

Best Answer
0 Votes