Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading from HR to Surge or Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Has anyone upgraded from the Charg
Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

@TammYoga wrote:
I'm surprised the Blaze doesn't have GPS. I like having less to carry on a run. Surge sounds like the best upgrade for that purpose, but I like the face of the Blaze.

I heard the same thing regarding the iWatch. No GPS until next fall or later. I have a client that has the iWatch. She is still maneuvering through all the possibilities for her lifestyle. Not sure I want to go that direction. Sticking with my Fitbit for now.

Sent from my iPad

Dont go with the Surge.. The strap is too much of an unknown and may not last very long. Here is mine after less than 3 months...

DSC_1495-01.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Here is my Surge strap after 378 days of ownership, recieved it Dec 31, 2014

20160208_054039.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

With all due respect @Rich_Laue , your watch could do with some serious cleaning. Yuck! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

While i understand that it needs cleaning, it doesnt show much signs of wear. Even though my whole life ive had peoblems with dermatitis i havent experienced and breakout from a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm wondering if the size of your wrist makes a difference. My wrist is a little small and the band began to break away from the face. But it is still working!
Best Answer

@TammYoga Blaze bands are a bit more Flexible, and the built-in tracker doesn't reach the same levels of height as the Surge, so I think it'd be a bit more comfortable on the wrist. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:
  • Here is my Surge strap after 378 days of ownership, recieved it Dec 31, 2014

20160208_054039.jpg

This one is mine after 84 days. Including not wearing it 2 or 3 days during the week for the past 2 to 3 weeks once the strap started to break up.

DSC_1514-01.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Charge HR and although I love it, it just stopped working (I've had it for about 1year). I bought an extended warranty, but I can't find my receipt... I am looking to invest in the Blaze because it's an upgrade from the HR and I love the fact that the bands are interchangeable. I chose black in the HR because it was more versatile, however I really wanted blue. I'm currently enjoying the FitStar app and like the idea of seeing the workouts right on my wrist as opposed to trying to prop up my phone to view the workouts. I'm excited for the Blaze and I hope it lasts longer than my HR did.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jbasich003 if you purchased an extended waranty from the place you bought it from. Your Fitbit will be registered with them. There should be now problems with them honoring their warranty that you paid for. Fitbit does not offer an extended waranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit did replace my Charge HR. I will continue with it for now, but I am going to investigate the Surge also.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks just like mine!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll be curious to hear how you like it!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

ost Advantage of Surge than the Blaze is GPS. You don't have to carry your Smartphone at all. The Most disadvantage of Surge is it's Belts are not changeable. The Only Advantage of Blaze I see is of it's Colorful Display & changing Belts. I am using Surge & it's Fantastic. 

Best Answer

Surge is better for serious runners.  I did not do my homework and when my Surge needed to retire, I purchased the Blaze.  Love how it looks and that is about it.  It does not have the GPS functionality as the Surge does...unless you have your phone with you.  When I run, I do not take my phone...this being said, the mileage/pace, etc is not accurate.  There is no lap workout ability.  Very disappointed with Blaze.  But...it looks pretty.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, I appreciate your input! That makes a big difference. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes