Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when Apps Synchronises steps number adds 10,000 steps or so for the past 3 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I searched through the forums to find the answer but unfortunately apart not accurate number of steps of couple douzens, no solution found. 

For the past 3 days when my mobile Apps synchronised with the watch it adds crazy amount of steps. When I say crazy, its between 8 to 13,000 steps more. I wish it was true but it isn't 😕

This morning "apparently" I walked between 6am and 6:15am12K steps. Unless I sleepwalk and I'm super fast, there is something wrong.

The issue also is that my watch synchronised with what the figure says in the Apps. 

I changed mobile a week ago but it was working fine since the past days. 

What I did : 

I reset several times, the quick one (left and bottom right) 

I uninstalled the Apps. 

Removed the device from the Dashboard on a computer and put it back on. 

Nothing... 

I really hope someone can give me some advice because I love my watch and miss the accuracy of the steps.

Thanks 

Sev

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry I forgot to mention it is a FitBit Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying that before a sync that these steps are not on the Blaze, 

PS I assumed it was a Blaze since the thread is in the Blaze Board. 

I'm not sure what is ment by changed mobile a week ago, mobile "what", do you now have mobiletrack enabled?

Best Answer
Hi Rich

Sorry if I wasn't clear (1st time I put a post on a forum). Before I synchronise the Apps, the Blaze is accurate with the number of steps.
After the synchronisation the Apps comes with a huge number. Then after few seconds the Blaze updates to the figure of the Apps.

I got an upgrade on my mobile a week ago so i meant i got a new mobile. I realise that it isnt relevant to the issue I got because it was working for few days then the prb accused.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was the app correct before the sync? Note that we want to tap on the today tile so we can see the step count for the last sync and not possibly live data?

Does this always happen?

I don't know if a restart of the tracker, or logging out/in on the app will work but it is worth a try.

I suggest contacting Fitbit with the times that some of these syncs accurred. I have not seen this happen.

Best Answer

Hi Rich, 

Before the Apps sync it is correct. When I open the Apps it is automatically on the today tile. It is happening for the past 3 days. 

I reset the Blaze, restarted the tracker. Log off and back on the Apps. Uninstalled and installed the Apps. 

I will follow your instructions and contact Fitbit CS, hopefully they will know how to fix this. I will update my post if I solved the issue.

Thanks

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes