Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is fitbit blood pressure coming?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some cheep trackers can monitor blood pressure with good accuracy. When will fitbit add this to their app? Cant be that hard to write the programme needed and may increase sales. Would help with all sports and anyone wanting to track & show doc levels for health monitoring.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please go vote for what you want here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Wendyb, I am new to fitbit and its forum's and appears I have alot of catching up to do. Had a £25 tracker for 12 month that minitored pressure in line with my Omeron & surprised its not an option on any fitbit.

@WendyB wrote:

Great app overall though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What technology did your tracker use @Jazzyjase I've seen several models that warm the user that their device needs to be celebrated periodically. 

Best Answer

Purchased urcare tracker sold under other names. It used Hband app. It appears to work out BP using the standard pulse reading green lights and was very good for price but fitbit app appears far more accurate and superior. Shame it doesnt after 10 years have blood pressure monitoring. I am new to fitbit so can only go by what I know. Cant be difficult or expensive for fitbit to buy into the coding needed to add BP to their app.

Best Answer

How is this a solution??????

How then can it be an accepted answer??????

What a crock this whole site is!!!!!!

Best Answer

You seem to contradict yourself. First off, BP means Blood Pressure, in case it needs clarification. Which fitbit or app was it that accurately tracked BP, which you then say is lacking in fitbit after ten years? BTW, BP can't be measured using only heart rate because BP is the force of the blood pushing against the artery walls. There must be some means of cutting off blood flow for a few seconds. A link or two to whatever urcare and hband are would be helpful. (Update: "With H Band 2.0 you can track your steps, sleep and heart rate." No mention of BP.) So don't look for accurate BP measurement on a fitbit or anything else anytime soon if ever.

Best Answer

@Ds68 Omron has managed to do this

They have added a bladder and pump to a wrist mounted device. Of course this makes the unit huge. 

Best Answer
Right. Hardly a "bit", is it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see how you vote after i click the link so this is not a solution. It would be good if you could import BP readings from other smart BP devices . For example like Fitbit does with weight readings from Nokia scales. This may be better and quicker to implement than making a new tracker with BP which would be large and impractical for everyday use.

Best Answer

Fitbit did not implement Nokia scales, this was setup by Nokia using Fitbit's open API. 

Unfortunately Fitbit currently does not have the ability for the user to record BP readings. 

Best Answer

Nokia did the setup of the Fitbit sync, Fitbit had nothing to do with it. 

Fitbit would first have to implement the ability for the user to track BP readings. 

Best Answer

Seems totally inconceivable that you can't even manually record and preserve blood-pressure readings.  But I don't see any mechanism for doing so on the app dashboard.  I must be missing something.  The absence of this feature would be inexcusable and appalling and incomprehensible. 

Best Answer

Do to the fact that very few people where recording their Blood Pressure, this option was removed @Montaigne . I suggest adding your vote the request for blood pressure logging.. This way you will be letting the Fitbit developers know of your thoughts. rather than simply telling your fellow fitbit users. 

Best Answer

I would not think it difficult to write the code needed for current fitbits to track blood pressure as cheeper option can.

It would also be simple to add section for manual recordings to the current fitbit app.

People us fitbit to roughly monitor health/show doctor results aswell as for exercise/fitness. I have expressed my thoughts to the developer's. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an absolutely terrible excuse.  Even if no human ever uses it.  Look at the native iPhone health app.  All kinds of things you can manually track, even though almost nobody uses any of them.  Very simple -- just like the section that let's you manually record and preserve weight.  Completely absurd that this isn't a feature.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're exactly right.  The native iPhone health app lets you manually enter, record, and store all kinds of medical statistics.  Completely inexcusable that the Fitbit app doesn't even give you the option to manually record blood pressure readings.  It's nearly an exact duplicate of the existing weight-recording section, except even easier because they don't even need to provide historical charts (although the iPhone health app does provide charts).  

Seriously embarrassing omission.  

Best Answer

It would be fairly simple to add a tracking pan am to fitbit, but how do you propose a tracker that only looks at changes in blood density to tell the pressure of the heart output? I don't understsnduhow this csncreliably be done, especislly knowing the few competitors are using some technology that has to be recalibrated a few times a day a day for them come up with a reliable number

Best Answer

Please re-read my messages.  You're not understanding something that's very simple.  I'm not suggesting any such thing.  No need for any Fitbit device to measure anything or to get re-calibrated for any reason. 

I'm suggesting a simple format and framework by which I can take my own blood pressure -- with an entirely separate device -- and then manually record the readings into the Fitbit app.  Like the iPhone health app.  Duplicate the existing weight tracking section, which allows for manual weight recording using an entirely unrelated device (an old-school scale), and which also allows you to manually plug in particular results for particular days ,and which then keeps the record.  Same thing, except use the blood pressure units instead of weight units.  That's very simple, isn't it?

Best Answer

Please search the web for answers,

I attach a pic of cheep tracker which shows BP which measured similar results to omeron. It uses the x2 leds the steps didnt count so well and the app wasnt as detailed as fitbit. I decided to change to fitbit but would like the abiloty to check BP when oit about and exercising. Also show doctor history if issues arise.

Best Answer
0 Votes