Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is fitbit blood pressure coming?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some cheep trackers can monitor blood pressure with good accuracy. When will fitbit add this to their app? Cant be that hard to write the programme needed and may increase sales. Would help with all sports and anyone wanting to track & show doc levels for health monitoring.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Poc attached nowcheep bp monitor/step/sleep etccheep bp monitor/step/sleep etc

Best Answer

Completely agree, i've read fitbit took away the abilty to record BP taken with another device because it wasnt being used. That would be a quick fix to reinstate it. What I want is my Blaze able to read BP as my cheep £20 tracker could. Fitbit aware and many conversations going on about it on web. Will have to wait and see but dont have much hope.

Best Answer

On devices that purport to give blood pressure readings, what does the fine print about the measurement? Does it say that BP is measured approximately (or exactly) by an algorithm involving only heart rate? If heart rate is not the only measurement involved in the algorithm, what else is used? Does the device give BP as usual with approximations of diastolic and systolic pressure? If so, how could either be approximated without some means of constricting blood flow? (I assume there is no such means.)

BP sans constriction is impossible to accurately approximate.

Best Answer

Hopefully you have seen my image showing cheep device 121/77 BP reading  only 1 or 2 out against omeron reading. None can be 100% accurate all the time as pressure changes slightly all the time. If i exercise hard the pressure increases along with heart rate due to the heart working harder. Useful for many if only available. More info on web.

Best Answer
Review of Culturesin's Smart Bluetooth Fitness Tracker (OLED) Find it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2noQgm3 Other version: https://goo.gl/9U8XhR Details: Blood Pressure monitoring: Breaking the traditional blood pressure measurement, measure blood pressure anytime, anywhere.(Measure blood pressure as
Best Answer

Not sure if the last two replies were directed at me.  But I'll reiterate:

1.  I'm using a commercial/medial grade blood-pressure measuring device at home.  It doesn't have any internet or blue-tooth functionality, and it won't pair or automatically upload anything.  It merely produces accurate blood pressure readings.  I'm not looking for fitbit or any other device to measure blood pressure.  

2.  I'm only looking for a mechanism within the fitbit app to manually record, preserve, and store blood pressure readings that I receive from the other blood pressure measuring device.  

3.  Here's the way it should work.  I take my blood pressure reading with an entirely unrelated medical device.  I then open the fitbit app.  I press on a button that says BP.  It opens to the date and time with an empty systolic space and an empty diastolic space.  I physically type in the numbers that I received from my other device.  It's now stored and is available for future review.  Just like the weight measurements that I now manually record.  Very simple.  And appalling that it's not there right now, and even more appalling if it's not there in the near future.  

Best Answer

Montaigne, fully agree. Others are asking the same for years. Why did fitbit take it off the app years ago.

Best Answer

Rich, I thought the x2 led show the veins and the sensor in the middle can read and convert. If it can be achieved on a cheep unit then why not on a more advanced fitbit. Who knows. Thanks for the interest though. Maybe one day

Best Answer

The led simply lights up the vein .The sensor is the little square in the middle and is looking at how much light reflects back. 

More Blood, the more light is absorbed and the less reflected back to the sensor. Less blood means more light is reflected back.

How does my Fitbit device detect my heart rate?

When it comes to blood pressure we are looking to see how much pressure is needed to stop the flow of blood. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure if I stand corrected or not. The following says how BP can be
measured without a cuff, but incorporating a "Hall device", whatever that
is, whatever that does.

>From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3274031/

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I know that it would be great to have an option to record the blood pressure. I recommend taking a look at the Blood pressure and glucose Fitbit tracker request, vote for it and leave your comment.

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hopefully soon!

Best Answer

That makes sense   yep

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope it’s coming soon.  It should be a software update for Versa owners.  I would pay a small fee for the upgrade w/o buying a brand new system.

Best Answer

@Marzacco all that would be required is a third party app along with a specially designed band with an air pump and sensors that Bluetooth connect to the blood pressure app.

This would be similar to the Blood Pressure watch band for the AW.

Qardio could easily make a version for the Ionic. Not that the band has it's own power source

Best Answer

I don’t get it. Where is the solution here? What is this? Avotes collecting competition. 

I have a cheapo Lidl tracker which does sleep, steps, as well as manual entry of weight, BP and pulse perfectly adequately. Very disappointed that Fitbit does not support BP entry but costs 4x the price. Keep up  Fitbit!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner as the solution suggested the best course to take is to add your vote.

However with the Blaze this would be impossible, a third party company could easily add this feature to the Versa and the ionic, but it most lol likely more than double the weight.

Best Answer

Not looking for Fitbit to monitor BP but to include in app for manual entry as provided for weight or WiFi/Bluetooth link to compatible BP instrument. I note these requests are live for many years so not sure what voting achieves. I have new Charge 3 but faced with continuing with old cheap tracker to keep BP facility. 

Best Answer

SorryS but that is not what this thread is about

I do see a feature request for a blood pressure entry in the App but notice it only has 26 votes. Feel free to add your vote and comment, the more votes the better the chance of getting the attention of the developers.

Blood glucose andblood pressuremonitoring / manu...

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for your feedback and as @Rich_Laue said, this thread shows as solved because since this is not something that is already available, but voting for similar suggestions could make our team to consider to implement these features in the future, however, the fact of making a suggestion doesn't mean that it will be implemented.

Anything else, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes