Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is fitbit blood pressure coming?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some cheep trackers can monitor blood pressure with good accuracy. When will fitbit add this to their app? Cant be that hard to write the programme needed and may increase sales. Would help with all sports and anyone wanting to track & show doc levels for health monitoring.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

is that available in the US? The ones I've seen have poor ratings for BP accuracy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems I got a bit mixed up! I wrote about the ability to record BP on the Fitbit app, just like you can with weight and other things; not continuously monitoring BP, I guess it will come but I too have heard they are not very accurate. I had a cheap health monitor which allowed recording BP and I couldn’t understand why Fitbit can’t or won’t do that  and I still don’t. Still, as I said, wrong message board and everything solved!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will Fit Bit add an actual blood pressure device? Apple has one, as does Omeron. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually @Alhoward Apple does not have a Blood pressure device, the device is a third party device that can be used with an app on the phone or AW. Withings also has a device that is an app for the AW

Then there also is the Kardio Band that has a built in air pump and an app for the AW. While apple does sell the Withings Apple does not make a blood pressure unit.

Now when it comes to Fitbit,  first they would need to set up a field to record blood pressure,  an option that was removed because of how few people used it. 

Of course non of this would pertain to the Blaze. 

Best Answer
I guess the FDA hasn't ok'd theirs yet. Omron has one (being shipped later
this year I guess) :
https://omronhealthcare.com/products/heartguide-wearable-blood-pressure-moni
tor-bp8000m/

I just really like FitBit, and would like to see them bring one to market.

Al
Best Answer
0 Votes

This one like most BP units has a BP cuff in the band, along with an air pump and a valve to slowly release pressure. 

While it is possible to get a reading I wonder how easy it is to get an accurate reading,  seeing that the body needs to be relaxed and still for a period before the actual reading takes place 

I do agree that it would be nice to have the fda certification before releasing

Best Answer
That is why Omron didn't get approval until last year, and Apple still isn't
approved. They say the Omron is as good as most OTC BP readers.
Best Answer

Hello guys! Welcome to our Community Forums @Alhoward, I'm glad to see you again @Rich_Laue, my apologies for the delayed reply.

@Alhoward Thank you for your suggestion. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback about the blood pressure feature. 

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Fitbit blood pressure device feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

@Rich_Laue Thanks for helping other users with their inquiries, it's always nice to see you around with your willingness to help.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer

What about this BioDatix Health Band? it also looks like it has FDA approval.

https://www.biodatix.com/

~Magnus

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was never interested in a continuous monitoring device, just the ability to enter BP results in the same way that you can enter your weight and other things on Fitbit app. Such a facility is available on many other devices. Whistling in the wind I’m afraid!!
David
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @magnusadv welcome aboard! It's nice to see you posting in our Community @SunsetRunner thanks for reply. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

I'd like to appreciate your comments and suggestions, your posts may resolve inquiries from other users. Because of the fact that Fitbit is always working to improve the Fitbit experience, the information that was provided is greatly appreciated. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too would love the BP monitor 

Best Answer

Thanks for your post @Jackrabbitt, it's nice to see you again participating. My apologies for the delay in responding. 

I recommend you to check the information from my previous post to up-voting and commenting on Fitbit blood pressure device feature suggestion. I'll be here if you need anything else or have any additional questions.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheep? do you mean cheap as in inexpensive or is this a brand name. I've seen you post it a few times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cheap as in £25 compared to £80+ Fitbit. My points are that this simple device bought from Lidl didn’t record phantom steps or bike rides (see my Mustang post) and did, via its app (Sanitas HealthCheck) allow me to enter my Omron blood pressure readings in the same way that Fitbit provides for weight, water and food so why not blood pressure. I am not interested in continuous BP measurement. Others have made similar comments but not really addressed by Fitbit. Disappointing!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I’ll make my point again. Why doesn’t Fitbit update its app to allow the recording of blood pressure just in exactly the same way as it allows recording of weight, water and food. There are inexpensive devices which do allow this, eg Sanitas sold by Lidl in UK via its app Sanitas HealthCheck. I am not and never have been interested in continuous BP monitoring by the Fitbit itself. David.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This suggestion is not simply about letting users log their BP reading, but for Fitbit to create a way to directly read your blood pressure.. Currently the most accurate way would be to create a watch band like a third party has done for apple. This watch band will need to have its own battery and air pump. 

Best Answer

I have never commented in a post like this. I was trying to get a response
from Fitbit the company, and that is why I made more than one post. I
didn't realize it went to real people lol...sorry to post so many times.

versatile soulutions

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackrabbitt we forgive you. 

The Fitbit community forums are where the community of Fitbit users help each other out. 

Best Answer

I bought this fitbit versa lite thinking it would take my blood pressure readings...but very very disappointed in it..my friend sent for one of Amazon on the net very cheap £12. And hers does everything.....not impressed at all when I paid over $200 for mine....so wake up Fitbit And sort it...please...

Best Answer
0 Votes