Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is fitbit blood pressure coming?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some cheep trackers can monitor blood pressure with good accuracy. When will fitbit add this to their app? Cant be that hard to write the programme needed and may increase sales. Would help with all sports and anyone wanting to track & show doc levels for health monitoring.

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

I don't think many users will have an answer for you @W.a. 

For a true BP reading the watch band needs a blood pressure cuff. 

Some third party company came out with a setup for the Apple Watch. There is a watch band with an air bladder, air pump, and communicates to an app on the AW through Bluetooth. 

As for trying to read blood pressure through lights, it can not be done. 

That cheap watch, you failed to mention the brand, but we know several that use the data the user has provided, the users HR and activity to take an educated guess on what the expected BP should be. 

Fitbit would also have to submit it to the FTC for certification. 

Best Answer
Agree absolutely. But why doesn’t Fitbit provide the means to enter BP measurements through the App in the same way as weight, as some cheap brands do. Which was the subject of my post some time ago! Frankly I don’t want a continuous BP measurement.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thank you ....no I don't want one all the time but it would be nice now and again....just to check.

W.A....

Best Answer

They use to have a field for BP but it was rarely used, and it still looks like not many are interested vc

Best Answer
Thank you that's a shame...😂Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really! More people use the water and food logs? I find these time consuming and of questionable value. A BP record alongside weight, pulse and sleep pattern is very relevant. But you guys know best!

Best Answer
I totally agree.

Al
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alhoward we are having a discussion here between fitbit users, if you want to let your opinion be known by the developers then please vote on the suggestion linked to above. 

Yes @SunsetRunner many people want to log water, and is why users have been complaint of not being able to log water from the wrist, and because of a popular suggestion we can now log water from the wrist. 

Blood pressure = 56 votes

Log water from wrist = 1034 votes

Add water from the Charge 3 = 546 votes. 

What I'm pointing out is that we need to get more votes. 

Personally i do not care to log water, food or BP. 

Best Answer

I agree. That’s why I export all my Fitbit info to Apple HealthKit on iPhone where I can log BP and all vitals, with lipids and more. 
I am upgrading to the Apple Watch eventually. I have been hoping for BP logging to come back to Fbit and I am on my 3rd now. It will be my last. 

why do you need to vote. Just add it.  Lol

Best Answer

I agree. Think I’ll be going the same way. 

Best Answer

People are asking for fitbit to add the ability to actually read blood pressure in their tracker. There really is no need to add the ability to log blood pressure until fitbit adds the hardware to take BP readings and currently the technology for this feature to be added to fit it's is not reliable. 

Yes fitbit at one time had BP logging, which was rarely used and after years with only 56 people interested, how many fitbit users are their? 

Is it really worth adding a feature for 56 users? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Legend, I dare say they are, but is it really possible, accurate! Even the cuff ones aren’t that accurate, and only the obsessed wants to read their BP 24/7. All I get on this forum is self satisfied remarks. I won’t be staying with Fitbit. Especially part of Google who I don’t trust. 

Best Answer
#57 here!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are you a recovery runner? 

You say fitbit does not need to look at votes, I'm simply saying that fitbit looks at votes when deciding how popular or how many of their 26.73 million active users may want to use a feature. 

Only 1 user out of every 477,700 users are asking for this. 

Best Answer

I keep coming back to see update, but actually taking the time to

Login and  say many want to record blood pressure, but not always willing to take the time to login. I have been shopping for other devices, after 4 years of fitbit, because entering my blood pressure is  as important as it is to see heart rate trend.  I just want to keep all of my important daily health info in one place.

Best Answer

I want and need the exact same thing, can't believe it's not an option. I wonder if they think adding it will point out that they don't have a tool to measure it, like it would make them look bad or something...so dumb, and would be so helpful.

Best Answer

Fitbit should start a fair survey on this!!! Waiting for much complaints / suggestions is not helpful.

I have the sense and want blood pressure measurement of course too. There are other suggestions that are smilar, when '' organizing your board", are you summarizing all votes? Nah.

Users asks this for years and not a single statement from fitbit made. That's a shame. 

Best Answer

One company came out with a watch band with a true blood pressure cuff for the AW. This band includes an air bladder, battery and air pump  is this what is being asked for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow it been some time since this post, the ask was simply add sensor or algorithm to fitbits to calculate blood pressure. Many cheaper trackers do this and I found them to be quite accurate against an omeron tester. It would benifit many with a need to appx monitor pressure and you would think increase fitbit sales further. No need for wrist cuff etc

Best Answer

All I wanted was a place in the Fitbit app to enter my BP readings for health.  
I stayed with Fitbit for about 3 years until last spring. I finally got tired of waiting and went with an Apple Watch. Also cause Fitbit doesn’t sync well with Apple HealthKit. I miss the rest of the Fitbit app. But they lost my business. 

Best Answer