Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have Charge 2 bands that DON'T break?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've gone through 4 Charges that had to be replaced because the bands broke. I've had a Charge 2 for 11 months and am on my third band. THEY ALL BREAK.

can anyone recommend a replacement or third party band that lasts for more than 3-6 months?

i love my Fitbit, but this is ridiculous. My husband has had an Apple Watch for more than 3 years, same silicone-type band with no problems whatsoever. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was pretty ticked when my original Charge band disintegrated - since it couldn't be repaired.  I am much happier now with my Charge 2 and how the bands can be replaced.  I broke several while playing Ultimate - probably legit breakage - some awesome layouts with hard contact on the ground!  I just buy the $10 3 pack of sport bands on Amazon and they seem to work great -  if a couple break, no big deal.  In some cases it might be better that they break, than they break you.  I also have a leather / suede band and a stainless steel chain - they both look nice and change the appearance significantly - I wouldn't recommend them for exercise though - the suede soaks up sweat (gross) and probably wouldn't break when needed.  The SS magnetic clasp is great but would loosen too easily with vigorous exercise.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Are these stainless steel bands comfortable for working out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m annoyed too, my straps have started falling off again and I almost lost my Fitbit as a result, luckily someone behind me noticed and picked it up! I can’t even find the Fitbit chat support anymore. Any remedies? Very poor quality straps for such an expensive tracker.

Best Answer

ive not had a single band issue with around 16 months of owning a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to know its not just me having this issue. I'm ready to throw the whole Fitbit away. Beyond annoyed and frustrated. 

Best Answer

I was pretty ticked when my original Charge band disintegrated - since it couldn't be repaired.  I am much happier now with my Charge 2 and how the bands can be replaced.  I broke several while playing Ultimate - probably legit breakage - some awesome layouts with hard contact on the ground!  I just buy the $10 3 pack of sport bands on Amazon and they seem to work great -  if a couple break, no big deal.  In some cases it might be better that they break, than they break you.  I also have a leather / suede band and a stainless steel chain - they both look nice and change the appearance significantly - I wouldn't recommend them for exercise though - the suede soaks up sweat (gross) and probably wouldn't break when needed.  The SS magnetic clasp is great but would loosen too easily with vigorous exercise.

Best Answer

Thanks for all the great info! I ordered a $10 3-pack of replacements and am trying a nylon band. 

I do wish they used a better design, similar to the Apple bands which are so much more durable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon has nice metal bands I found to be sturdy and worth the 20$ or less

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bands are garbage. I've had 2 break in 2 years. FitBit won't replace the second one because the device is 2 years old and they expect me to pay full retail price for a band i know will break in a year for a discontinued device

Best Answer

go to amazon . they are inexpensive and metal mesh. It never breaks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no problems with watch band for one year. Just recently my wrist started to itch and bumps. I contacted Fitbit, they are sending me a new band. Hopefully I will get another year out of this band. I love my Fitbit Charge 2. Reading the forums about the itching problems with bands, sounds like the bands deteriorate over time depending on humidity, sweating and so on. Changing the bands every few months will be easier, so that I can continue to use my Fitbit Charge 2. Customer Service was great with Fitbit, my order was put through on my first time contacting them. I will receive my replacement band with the week.

The band causing the itching was the original band purchased with the watch at the time. It was a Christmas present a year ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand the design of the FitBit straps, it is a metal clasp that attaches to a metal catch on the Fitbit... BUT the housing around the clasp is plastic and regularly fails! Seriously Fitbit, make a strap where the connection between the strap and the fitbit doesn't degrade!

Best Answer

Amazon cheap and I always buy an extra when one breaks I have one immediately then order a new one so I always have a extra like every six months 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know there are many cheap alternatives. My issue is that the original band isn't reliable, so you have to replace it. It comes across as the companies who make products don’t spend the effort creating quality products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try a metal band this is my old charge band I liked it so much I use it as
a bracelet now try Amazon or ebay you might get lucky
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I had two bands break. Now I have an extra on hand.
Best Answer
0 Votes