Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App login don’t inc Facebook sign in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there 

I downloaded the app again after deleting a few months ago. When I tried log in, I was getting a msg such as my email or password is incorrect. So I requested to reset my password. 

I went back to login through the app. I still get the same msg. 

I logged in through the browser, apparently my email doesn’t exist. So I logged in using Facebook and it worked.

Now I want to sync my Fitbit but there is no option to login to the app using Facebook login. 

What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@j8zel even when Fitbit allowed a user to log in using facebookFthey where still required to create an account. This should be the same email address that my response is being sent to. 

You can also go to your settings page where your registered email will be at the top. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

@j8zel even when Fitbit allowed a user to log in using facebookFthey where still required to create an account. This should be the same email address that my response is being sent to. 

You can also go to your settings page where your registered email will be at the top. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nicely done! that worked.  I logged in using my facebook logins then reset my password through account settings. Thanks for that @Rich_Laue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I’m having the same issue however the way you suggested it could be fixed isn’t working for me. The email address is a weird one and not one I have ever used. It won’t let me change it. It says that they have sent a link to the email address. However because I don’t know how to access this I can’t click on the link.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Where is the link that you can't click on @stumcc73 you say that you don't use this email. Do you have access to the email address? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this same issue changed to a vuln.to email. What is this and how do I get the account back????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you log in using facebook on a browser not app? Once you log in I went to settings and changed my password there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bumface could you elaborate on your issue that your having? 

@stumcc73 your asking Fitbit users on how to change your email address with some unknown App that is not related to Fitbit. My best suggestion would be to contack the developer of this app. Their link will be in the app information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m guessing you’ve been hacked. I’m going through the same thing and Fitbit customer service has been absolutely useless at getting this fixed.  If u have had any success please let me know what you did....

Best Answer

I am also having this problem! I have been putting the correct log in details on the app but cannot get into my account. I have clicked the forgotten password link and requested a recovery email. I have done this approximately 20 times and haven't received anything.

I have just managed to log in on a desktop via Facebook and the email address has been changed on my account. It won't let me change it and nothing will update via the desktop site!! I am losing the will to live with it! 

Best Answer

You mean on facebook your email address has changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StaceyM1988 which account are you having problems logging into? Your Fitbit or Facebook? 

I notice that your logged img a 2 year old account to make this post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I am also having this same issue. I can log into Fitbit via my desktop but not the mobile app. I also noticed that the email listed in my Fitbit account is not the correct email. It is an address at mailline.net. I do not have an email account there, never have. I am thinking Fitbit must have been hacked. If I try to reset the password, it says that an email has been sent to me to confirm... of course, that would go to the fake email account, right? And the same if I try to change the email address. Curious if anyone else is having the same issue.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I can access my account via a computer browser.

Best Answer

Most people have some type of password management system and they should be able to find the log in details through this. 

Now use these same details to log into the app. 

You should also get in touch with support, giving them both the current email and the real email address. 

Best Answer

I'm on the phone with customer service right now and they are absolutely useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are not the one that registered the wrong email address? 

Did you give them the address for your account and the address you want it to be? 

Hopefully not the address you used to post here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this using Google Chrome

1. Login to your Fitbit account

2. Settings 

3. Click on Change Email Address 

4. Right-click on the current email field

4. Click Inspect 

5. Bunch of HTML will pop up under heading Elements - the code for that field will be highlighted

6. Right-click and select Edit HTML

7. Change disabled="" to enabled

8. Click on any white space outside the current square

9. Go back to the email field and change email to your current email

Hope that helped

Best Answer

The email needs to be changed on the Fitbit server. Not in the web's cache. 

Best Answer

Rich, this is a good point.  I am logged into the Fitbit community using my Facebook login, which is the one that has the fake email attached to it.  I do have a case open with Fitbit. So if they want to help me, they can call the phone number listed in the case. I don't know what else to do.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes