Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best screen protector brand for Charge 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I owned a fitbit since the zip. and ived been using this brand. I ordered mine already so my Charge 2 will be protected. IMG_5891.jpg

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

This is the brand I always buy as well. Pre-ordered a few minutes ago

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Not available in Canada 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Buy tempered glass protector screen, they look better, stronger, more natural. And doesn't bubble up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to find one. however, the tempered glass is not available and i dont think someone will come up with one because the charge 2 is curved. but if someone does i will purchase one myself. i like tempered glass on my phone. im currently using this brand with my alta. 

Best Answer
I'm so glad I came across this post! I bought a pack of these screen protectors and am very happy with them! Thanks for the heads up BrentC24, now I'm no longer worried about scratching up the screen on my new Charge 2. 🙂
Best Answer

Hey guys! How are you today? Robot Very Happy 

Thank you so much for sharing this pretty good idea @BrentC24! It is gonna be perfect to protect your Charge 2, although I can tell you that the quality of this tracker has improved a lot and it is very resistant, is better to protect it with this. So @Missjaima@AndyDandyPandy and @NancyP will be happy this along with many other users. Smiley Wink

I'll be around guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Just wondering why there are 6? Do they need replacing often?

Best Answer

@PsaltinaI have not replaced mine yet and its been over a year.

On my surge its starting to come off abit but its been on there for 2 years as well. So they do need to get replaced not often though.

I also would suspect it depends on the care you take of the Unit as well.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you @WendyB

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get the ACE screen protectors on Amazon.ca but you can't get free shipping 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @hl555, it is great to see new members around the Community! Robot Happy Thanks for your participation in here. I understand you. Is pretty bad that there is a minimum amount to get free shipping. So maybe you can take advantage and order some other things, hehe. 🙂 

Happy Holidays! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No free shipping option. Just standard shipping. I'll probably get it
anyway where it seems to be recommended.
Best Answer

I tried some pre-made screw proctors but they end up peeling off, because of the full size and sharp corners.  

I ended up making my own screen protector, making it about 1mm smaller on each side, and rounding the corners.  I used a previously unused phone screen protector (wet install kind) and cut it out.  

This worked great and looks brand new still.

Best Answer

Oh! That's bad @hl555, but yeah, maybe someone else in here will recommend another place to get one of those. 🙂 

@FitFrank, the phone screen protector is a good idea. It protects the tracker screen very well. Share a picture with us, to see how it looks like. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

custom cut screen protectorcustom cut screen protector

Here's a photo of my custom cut screen protector.  This has been on my Charge 2 since day 1, several months now, no peeling, no issues at all.

So trim the pre-made screen protectors to have 1mm space on each side, and round the corners, or make your own.  This took me a few minutes to make, and has lasted far longer than the pre-made screen protector.

Personally - the $7.99 + $2 shipping is an outrageous price to pay for a small screen protector.  I can buy 1 or 2 iPhone 4 / 5 / 7 screen protectors for $1 - $2, free shipping from eBay or xTremeguard (with common discount codes), and make 10-20 of my own Charge 2 screen protectors which last much longer.

Best Answer

Does anyone knows how to get a screen protector in Norway? Those mentioned above are not delivered to Norway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Serm, I say don't bother trying to buy one if you can't get one.

Just buy a generic phone screen protector, wet or dry.  I perfer the wet installed kind (the kind that stretches and can self-heal, kind of rubbery).   Just cut it down to size.

I saved the original screen cover from the box, which has the fitbit screen size as a template.  I then measure and draw out the size onto the generic screen protector, reduce the size by 1-2mm each side, cut out, and then round out the corners with scissors.

You'll have a great screen protector while not paying and waiting for one.  I used an iPhone 4s screen protector size, so I can make about 10-12 of these screen protectors if I need to, but the first one I made works great and I don't think I will need any more.

Look at my photo to see how well it turned out.  You can barely tell that there is anything on there.

My friend who bought a pack of 6 pre-made ones is going to replicate what I do.  He messed up 3 of the screen protectors trying to install it, and the 4th one he installed is already peeling off after a month.  He's going to throw those out and just use my method.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using a Charge HR for a couple of years and my new Charge 2 is charging.  What I've always done is to use red transparent vinyl, which cuts out blue light, as I avoid blue light at night (circadian rhythm disorders).  It comes out looking orange on the screen.  It's worked fine on the Charge HR, and a friend with similar dodgy sleep cut off a bit (an A4 sheet lasts for ages) and reports that it's working well on their Charge 2.  They had turned off the feature to have the screen come on when you raise your wrist as it was so bright at night, but now they've turned that feature on again.  Once mine has finished its epically long initial charge (six hours so far and only just full) and I'm sure that it's working, I'll put the red vinyl on and take a photo for here if I remember.

Best Answer

I just received screen protector and it is the wet type and it says to turn off the fitbit but I have read it can not be shut down. So  do you think it is safe to put it on anyway?

Best Answer