Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your Charge 2 has a cracked screen, your best bet is to contact Customer Support to report the damage and review your options. 

As this thread has been going on for some time and is going off-topic we will be closing it for further replies. Thank you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

Hey @SuefromSA, it is nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear about what happened to the screen of your Charge 2. In order for you to get further assistance, please take a look at your inbox. 

Let me know how it goes! 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi Sue, 

Did you get any joy in your request? My screen also cracked for no reason. I also just woke up one morning to a cracked screen. Were you able to replace the screen or the device?

Thanks

Best Answer

Sorry no solution. 

It's is now out of warranty and I went to the store to see if they could help. Have sent me back to getting some advice from Fitbit. I have sent images etc, no joy or resolving of problem. I would like another fitbit but worried screen issue has not been resolved by the manufacturer

Best Answer

How do i go about getting a screen replacement for my Charge 2?

Best Answer

@Socialm wrote:

How do i go about getting a screen replacement for my Charge 2?

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Thanks but no solution to my problem 

Best Answer

Hi my screen is the same, I was given   it at Christmas. So I thought it would last longer than that. Same happened to me, the crack just appeared! Please help!!!

Best Answer

I will never buy a fitbit again. The after service in South Africa is pathetic. 

Best Answer

Mines done the same no replacement either... it’s discussing the products aren’t fit for purpose!! 

Best Answer

I am using Fitbit charge 2 for more than a year now.  Suddenly its screen developed a crack in the middle for no apparent reason.  I am not able to get a source to replace the screen. Any support resources in Mumbai India? Or online?

Best Answer

My Charge 2 screen also  cracked for no reason. Chatted with Fitbit Help but because I have owned this device for 18 months they won’t replace or fix.  Instead they sent me a 25% discount coupon to purchase another Fitbit.  As if!    I paid too much money for this device to replace just because of a broken screen.  Looks like my love affair with Fitbit ended today.

Best Answer

Does it look anything like this?

RigoYAy

Best Answer

Yes it does

6654A3C3-5301-4C50-A376-D6B3C85F9347.jpeg

Best Answer

mine looks the exact same way as these! ... 

Best Answer

Several of my friends who own Fitbit Charge 2 devices also told me their screens cracked  as well.  Must be a flaw in the design. 

Best Answer

Best Answer

Mine looks the same… I bought it over a year ago so I guess I'm out of luck ??? 

20180730_201219.jpg

Best Answer

My screen is also cracked on my Charge 2.  No clue why or how it happened.  I am however still able to read everything on it, so I am just leaving it alone.  I am being very careful around water though..... wouldn't want that to get in there and mess things up!

Best Answer

The cracked screen seems to be fairly common based on the comments received on this site and the comments I received when I posted a picture of my cracked screen on Facebook.  

Best Answer