Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Firmware Release (22.58.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/14

Hey all!

Today we have completely released (out to 100%) this new Charge 2 firmware (22.58.0) to all users. This means everyone should now see it available for download in the Fitbit app. Please update to this new firmware. For instructions on how to complete the update, read How do I update my Fitbit device?

If you come across any difficulty updating, read Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We've included bug fixes and improvements in this new firmware and always recommend having your tracker up to date, including the Fitbit app on the latest app version. 

Fitbit Update: 7/24

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce a new firmware update for Charge 2 (version: 22.58.0). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Charge 2 can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating your Charge 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 10/8

Hi folks,

We really appreciate everyone's feedback on this last firmware update for Charge 2.

At this time the firmware has been rolled out to 100% of customers and all of the feedback on the latest release has been passed on to our team. I'll be closing this thread for further comments. This is to keep the Community organized, productive, and on-topic. 

If there are anymore firmware releases for Charge 2, we'll make sure to announce them here on the Community.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
846 REPLIES 846

Will the firmware release allow notifications of calls and texts to Samsung A80? 

Best Answer

Will this resolve my problem that I've been dealing with for the past few weeks?  I'm still not receiving my messages on my Charge 2.  I use this device for work, as I cannot be taking my phone out of my pocket with every message alert. I can see who is texting me, but not the message...It's beyond frustrating and all I've heard since day one, it that it'll be resolved soon... 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue.  Text with name, but no message.  This last update definitely need some fixes.  

Best Answer

Same problem here - just did the fitbit update but does not look like problem is resolved...I have a note 9. Glad I didn't upgrade to new fitbit...will wait and see if this is fixed,  if not will look into other products. Here's hoping...

Best Answer

Same problem here - just did the fitbit update but does not look like problem with text messages showing sender name only, not message - is resolved...I have a note 9. Glad I didn't upgrade to new fitbit...will wait and see if this is fixed,  if not will look into other products. Here's hoping...

Best Answer

Not happy with the latest release.My tracker works but the app is not syncing though it says it is. Very frustrating when will this be fixed?

Best Answer

I have a Samsung S10, same issue.  What I find interesting here,  no one from fitbit responded to anyone's comment.  Poor customer service,  I won't be upgrading.

Best Answer

Aless,

When are you going to address our frustrations with this new rollout? 

Best Answer

I have the update, and I have a problem. I deleted the food log icon and now I want it back. How do I do that? The old version was easier for me.

Best Answer

Since doing this update by battery life has dropped to less than 4 hours. Do you know why this is? I’m now charging it for the 3rd time today. 

Best Answer

After the update my fitbit only holds a charge for a few hours.  I made sure it was fully charged this morning and by 10:30 it was done.  Tips and pointers?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I’ve noticed the green sensor lights are on all the time. This appears to drain the battery. I’m not sure how to fix it though 

Best Answer

This update definitely has syncing issue.  No text messages, I lost my sleep record as of today.  Seems like the watch is working hard hence the report of battery drain.  Anyone from Fitbit hearing us out there!!!??????

Best Answer

Hello. Will this firmware solve de the sync notifications problem between charge 2 and samsung A70? 

Best Answer

I cannot pair with my Samsung A7 since this new firmware release despite trying all of the recommended troubleshooting steps.  How can this be resolved?

Best Answer

Will this fix the charge 2 that is stuck on notification screen. It keeps turning on and off until the battery dies. No previous post on fixes has fixed this issue.

Best Answer

I just ordered a Galaxy watch.  I'm tired of waiting for them to fix the problem... It's been 3 weeks now, and no resolution.  I'm done with FITBIT.  Lies all lies.  

Best Answer

Hello. I believe I have the newest update on my Charge 2, but am having the same issue as many others with the watch displaying the name of who is texting, but not the message. It is highly frustrating. I have a Pixel 2 if that matters at all. When will this issue be fixed?

Best Answer

Aless, I don't see the update on my Charge 2 app. Will it show up? Also will this new release fix the issue with the continuous scrolling and battery drain that FitBit is not willing to acknowledge as an issue? 

Best Answer