Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 GPS tracking cycling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everybody,

I recently got a Charge 2, and in the track exercise with GPS data I can only choose between run/walk/hike. Outdoor Bike is listed as an "Auto Recognized Exercises," but it says, that GPS will not be turned on.

Can it really be true, that FitBit doesn't offer any tracking with GPS for outdoor cycling?

I've looked at the forums and found this: Charge 2 Connected GPS

One accepted solution says to "Start bike mode on Charge 2, wait for connected GPS to activate," but I can't seem to find a "bike mode."

Can anybody help me with this?

Kind regards,

Tue

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@TueRasmussen, in the app, you need to go to the Device settings for Exercise Shortcuts, and add Bike to the list of shortcuts. You can have up to 7 exercises listed in the Shortcuts - if you already have 7 listed, you need to remove one before you can add Bike.  After you add Bike, make sure it says Connected GPS under it - if it does not, tap on the Bike exercise and select Enable GPS.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

@TueRasmussen, in the app, you need to go to the Device settings for Exercise Shortcuts, and add Bike to the list of shortcuts. You can have up to 7 exercises listed in the Shortcuts - if you already have 7 listed, you need to remove one before you can add Bike.  After you add Bike, make sure it says Connected GPS under it - if it does not, tap on the Bike exercise and select Enable GPS.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry, thank you for the quick reply. I've figured it out now. The problem seemed to be, that when starting to track an exercise I used the app to go into it instead of the watch, as all it showed on the watch was run. Hadn't figured out how to change it. (D'oh)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I recently experienced the loss of the GPS connection on cycling. Bluetooth doesn't seem to be the culprit because it works in walking and hiking mode. Anybody knows how to fix that?

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I added Bike to exercise activities and then selected Bike on watch before I headed out.  Did 21 miles and it said I did .2.  The heart rate seemed accurate however.

Anyone know how to get the GPS tracking to work for Bike mode?

Thanks!!!!!

Best Answer

Well @BJ_B it would be the same as any other GPS mode. 

Make sure Fitbit Notification services are running, and that the telephone icon on the Charge 2 doesnt have a line through it. I have found if it doesn't connect, a restart of the phone will fix it. 

Best Answer
Still no GPS tracking in bike mode and also in walking mode. When I start
bike mode on the watch, the GPS connection works for a millisecond and
then stops. Same in walking mode. For the latter I start the exercice on
the phone and that works: I have a GPS tracking. Any one has a solution?
Thanks.

--

------------------------------

AIIC Mail - A service provided by the International Association of
Conference Interpreters

Connect with professional interpreters on aiic.net
Best Answer

I have the same query -want to add bike to activity selection list.  However, I do not see a 'Device Settings for Exercise Shortcuts' in my app.  (Windows 10 mobile)  How do I get there?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have previously managed to start and log a cycle ride, once synced I can also see the route map.

However the past two days (I have location services and Bluetooth on as usual) its only tracking my time, heart rate and calories, no map.

Is there a software issue after an update?

Best Answer
I can confirm that. Same recent expérience.Regards. Bernard Burnet 

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
--

Conference Interpreters

Best Answer
I can confirm that. Same recent expérience.Regards. Bernard Burnet 

--

Conference Interpreters

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has started to work again, map is now showing when I sync after my cycle.

Glitch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was perfect, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything on my charge 2. 

All tracking is enabled. All Bluetooth links synced. Permissions given to enable tracking and all 7 sports show connected. When I start activity on my watch it shows the same error message check Fitbit app. Running or riding I don't get any distance tracking. It is infuriating. When will Fitbit sort it. 

Best Answer

Is there a reason my charge 2 will not plot my entire bike ride on GPS?

Best Answer
Same problem for me. 

--

Conference Interpreters

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ljsime there probably is, does it plot any of the ride? You imply that the answer is yes?

The following might help you

@Neal_Oulton what type of phone do you have? Is notifications running? Is the Fitbit app in memory? Have you restarted your phone, this works for me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice. Notifications are on. I phone 6. Memory okay. Will try restart. Send an erratically designed function though.

Neal Oulton
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, it was working fine, I could track 3 times with speed and map, now it is not picking up, don't know what it is but it is infuriating to check after the workout my stats are not there.

Best Answer

I have the same intermittent issue in the biking mode.  Drops the GPS regularly.  Disappointing.  I spoke with customer support and they said the engineers are aware of the problem.   They agreed to send me a new Fitbit.  Have not connected the new device yet.  With a replacement device it will give me a chance to see if the issue continues.

Best Answer