Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 bands compatible with Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just heard about the upcoming Charge 3. Looks great! I’ve loved the Charge 2 and the 3 looks much better. 

But I’d rather not replace all my nice, third-party Charge 2 bands. Will they still fit the Charge 3?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If anyone wants any solid confirmation that they are not compatible, there is a clear picture of the band mechanism in this CNET preview; It's the last picture in the article and confirms that it is a totally different connection than the Charge 2 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

It hasn't even been officially announced yet so no details are available.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

It hasn't even been officially announced yet so no details are available.

It was just announced.  I haven't read the details yet to see if bands are compatible,

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I didn't see anything about the bands being interchangeable between models. I'm hoping they are because I think this is going to be my birthday present for myself and I have some very cute bands for my Charge 2

Best Answer

Hi @Jnfelty - As noted, this detail isn't mentioned in the information released today. Based on past history, subsequent versions of Fitbit trackers have not had interchangeable bands with prior versions. That said, we'll have to wait and see on this one.

Best Answer

I hope so, that will be the deal breaker for me getting the 3. I have a lot of really cute bands and want to be able to keep them. 

Best Answer

Just confirmed with fitbit that the bands will not be compatible. 😞😞😞

Best Answer

Aw really?! Got any proof you can share? Asking for future readers. 

Best Answer

Just did a live chat and asked the dude. I was curious too.he said no.

Best Answer

This is what I am hearing as well. 

Best Answer

Thanks for checking in. That’ll go on my “con” list for an upgrade. 

Best Answer

Ugh! I just got a new band for my Charge 2 that I LOVE!!  But my screen has a crack in it, so time to upgrade...  I wish they would had made the bands compatible!

Best Answer

If anyone wants any solid confirmation that they are not compatible, there is a clear picture of the band mechanism in this CNET preview; It's the last picture in the article and confirms that it is a totally different connection than the Charge 2 

Best Answer

Are the bands with charge 3 interchangeable with other charge 2 bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rats! They're not.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the same rose patterned band I've used on my Flex, Alta, Alta HR and Charge 2, for the Charge 3. Certainly someone will have third party bands available by the time this is released

Best Answer

Well, that stinks, and seems shortsighted.   I, also, bought bands I love for my special edition Charge 2,  and am not going to upgrade.  And I was thinking about it, even though I've had my Fitbit for fewer than three months.  I love it that much and thought "Ooooooohhhhh....a sparkly NEW one."

Best Answer

@407sllang wrote:

Ugh! I just got a new band for my Charge 2 that I LOVE!!  But my screen has a crack in it, so time to upgrade...  I wish they would had made the bands compatible!

I have that same crack issue, that just popped up.  Of course, right after I bought this one the Alta HR came out, and I do like that size better.  Anyone betting how long it takes them to bring out the Alta HR 3 after this one settles in?  I was going to get the Charge 3 for my birthday if the bands were compatible, but since it's not, and the Charge 2 is still working I may just hold out a bit.  If I have to replace the bands, I'd rather do an Alta.

Best Answer

The description says the charge 2 profile is slimmer. So it makes sense that the watch bands would not be interchangeable. 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean the charge 3 profile is slimmer.

Best Answer

See screenshots from the CNET article. The Charge 3 (below) definitely doesn't look like the Charge 2 band connection...Probably also needs a new charger Smiley WinkCharge 3 band connection 2.JPGCharge 3 band connection 1.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes