Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Golfergirltoo It's great to have you here! As @USAF-Larry said, your tracker will count floors climbed for every 10 consecutive ft you climb. If you stop for too long or climb them slowly then the tracker may not count your floors climbed. Remember that your tracker uses an altimeter to detect variance in atmospheric pressure that will indicate that you are climbing so you can also get floors when climbing a hill while you walk.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

@Golfergirltoo- Can you provide a little more information on what it should be counting?  How many stairs are you climbing? Is it at least 10' high without stopping?

Best Answer

@Golfergirltoo It's great to have you here! As @USAF-Larry said, your tracker will count floors climbed for every 10 consecutive ft you climb. If you stop for too long or climb them slowly then the tracker may not count your floors climbed. Remember that your tracker uses an altimeter to detect variance in atmospheric pressure that will indicate that you are climbing so you can also get floors when climbing a hill while you walk.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I've gone up the stairs in my house 5 times today. According to my tracker, I've only done it twice. I'm not walking slowly or stopping as I walk. The last time I went up it was for the sake of seeing if it would track. Do I have to run up the stairs?

Best Answer
Strangely mine is working now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope stairs where being counted but since update they have disappered

Best Answer

Mine has always tracked the stairs in my house until a few days ago. 

Best Answer

I live in a walk up and even have stairs in my home. It used to count my stairs in my home which is over 10ft and I didn't walk slow up them. This only just started today. I walk up over 30 fleets of stairs meanwhile it only counted 17. I always get at least 22 from a normal day so I know 17 is way to low. I even wrote down each time I went up a fleet and it still didn't add up.

Best Answer

Now I know why my stairs at home are not counted - measured the rise from basement to main floor and it is only 8' so I guess my stairs will never be counted - serious bummer since I am up and down them 20 - 50 times a day. But I have a real puzzlement for today. I was out today - did a lot of very flat walking (dog to obedience training, big box store shopping, walk with my pup on a very flat trail, and such) with nary a stairway in sight. When I got home and synced with my phone it showed I had climbed 8 flights of stairs. What gives?

Best Answer

I climb the same flight of stairs to my home each day (multiple times).  My Charger2 never counts the first time i climb.  Why?  It's like it hasnt woken up yet!

Sometimes my arms are full - i'm not swinging them. does that matter? 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, yes it does matter if your arms are full and not swinging. It is designed to only count floors if it detects movement at the same time.  It also is designed to count a floor for an altitude difference of 10 feet or more. So, if your floor is only 9' high it won't be counted most times.

Best Answer

thanks!  over 10' - and counts other times.

will take note if i'm moving arms.

thanks!  cute puppy pic! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have lost a third or more of stairs count.

Reset and full charge .. still does not work.

The amount of stairs climbed is exactly the same and in the exact same time span so ?? 

Best Answer

Dear charge 2 team,

I know see on the Fitbit website when you compare the Alta HR and the Charge 2 that it no longer shows that the Charge 2 has sleep stages? 

Thats true as I bought the Charge 2 on the 29 march and I still don't have sleep stages although I have read all the community blogs where some people have it and others don't and that it's on a roll out..... Roll out has now been for more than one month! And now it appears not to be shown on your website as a function of the Charge 2.

Can someone please be honest and let us know what is going on?

I really hate promises that are not met, particularly because the sleep stages was one of the most important reasons why I bought the Charge 2.

Also annoying, notifications still don't pair for call, message, calendar. I get nothing and if I try to initiate notifications it says I have to pair first! This has obviously already been done to use the app. Which works really well.

I have an iPhone 6s and my friend has an Huawei  (perhaps wrong spelling), and her gets all her notifications if she just turns her blue tooth on!

Please can you let me know how to solve this?

Many thanks, Sally Bierman

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Biervrouw, I just did a comparison of the Charge 2 and the Alta HR, and it shows the Sleep Stages for both trackers. The only feature that is different in the Features is the Alta HR not counting floors.

I know that users are getting frustrated at the slow rollout of the sleep stages, but I noticed some posts this morning that some people finally got them today. Hopefully everyone will soon have them.

Comparison.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. Guess what?! This morning I had sleep stages!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My wife has a Charge 2. She has bad knees, so when she climbs stairs she must use both feet for each step. There are 15 steps in our stairway to the second floor and a total rise of ten feet. Why is her Fitbit not counting her floors?

Best Answer

@T318, I suspect she is holding onto the handrail as she is climbing the stairs, correct?  The Charge 2 floor tracking uses forward movement to indicate climbing stairs instead of riding an elevator, etc., so if she is holding onto the handrail her arm is not swinging to indicate movement.

Best Answer

I find the stair climbing program a little flaky with the Charge 2, sometimes it counts them and sometimes it doesn't.  In March we drove to the mountains and by the time we got there I had 23 flights of stairs and I hadn't even gotten out of our truck (I wasn't swinging my arms).  I personally wouldn't rely on it. It's fun to compare your days, but if you are comparing the Alta to the Charge 2 don't pick the Charge just because of the stairs.

Best Answer
I don't care for the Alta because I tried 2 of them and never could get them to senk to my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes