Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

The alta also doesn't co7nt floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new charge 2 sporadically  counts my stairs climbs.  I normally  got 40-50 stair climbs a day  on my other fit bit. Everything else works fine. Your solution  was not a solution  so I hope I can get this solved.

Best Answer

I walk at a pretty fast pace up a steep 17 and 20 steep staircases. I just did it up and down 3 times and it only registered 1 flight. My cleilings are 12 and 24 feet each so I am not sure what the problem is. Very frustrating plus if I am carrying anything and walking my steps are not being counted. I know different issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a more detailed message about this issue (floors being skipped) in a similar thread, but the gist of it was that I found if the Charge 2 is in my pants pocket it rarely skips a floor. Or, if I'm wearing it on my wrist, if I place my Fitbit-side hand on my thigh so that it's moving in tandem with my legs as I climb stairs it will more likely count the floor. I've even tried taking 2 stairs at a time and it still counted the floor.

It would be a big help if the app was designed to add and/or delete stats. So if a floor is missed, you could add it manually or if you find, like some have reported, getting floors logged that you haven't climbed, you can delete them so your activity log is more accurate.

At any rate, I've found that if a floor is not counted it'll still at least give you credit for the steps (one per stair).

Best Answer

I have a Huawei phone and Charge 2 and and I get all the sleep tracking. However I am having problems with 250 steps an hour not recording and how it counts stairs x

Best Answer

Steps to our basement is enclosed, naturally, and 13 steps. Have gone down and up today twice and yesterday 3x yet Fit bit Charge 2 (which is new) shows nothing. Why not? I don't run up but since so many and steep I expect it to record. Could something be wrong here??  HELP!!

Best Answer
​As I understand it, stairs are only recorded if the aggregate height of
the stairs is 10 feet or more. The stairs in my house have only an 8 foot
rise but my Fitbit randomly recognizes them - perhaps one out of 20 times I
go up them. That is all I know
Best Answer

Touch the bottom step with the hand you wear your Fitbit on and, when you get to the top, lift the same hand above your head.

Best Answer

I find this very frustrating as climbing stairs is one of my main forms of exercise!  I jog up at least 10 in a row, which may or may not be recorded.  I just did a restart, so hoping that will help...

Best Answer
Will try THIS idea!! Thanks

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes
Will try THIS idea!! Thanks

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found it on a previous post when I was looking for answers to my stair issue - while in the recharger, hold the button for four seconds until you see a screen.  Haven't been able to test if this worked or not yet, but it sometimes worked when I had issues with my Fitbit One.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help!!!!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seemed to work for me (or at least recording 50% more of what was missed previously!) - hope it's working for you, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you mean hold down the button when on the "stair" icon? because When I do, it allows to turn off or turn on notifications, as with each icon that appears. Thanks for ANY hints you can provide. I also found out yesterday in the grocery store, this Fit bit Charger 2 doesn't record steps unless I let go of the cart.. THAT is just lame. But otherwise didn't record steps. So I looked like an idiot. LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MenaJoy67

I discovered that too when I first got my Charge 2. The solution (for me, anyway) was to put it in my front pants pocket when pushing a cart, lawnmower, wheelchair, etc. (where legs are moving but not arms) and it gets all or most of the steps. Works better on stairs too when in the pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks So Much for this great advice!!!!

YOU ARE all amazing!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine wasn't keeping track of all my flights but I read some where that for it to keep proper track of your heart rate to where it about 2 fingers width above your wrist bone so I did that hoping it would work with the flights too and it did! It even started keeping track of when I go upstairs, do a few things and come back down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you kelly-ms.!! I am gonna try this as I see it was only one finger away from the wrist. 

Nothing worse than going up and down 13 steps and no credit! LOL.

What irks me is if I hold onto the stair rail, it doesnt count. And basement has only one side rail. 

They are steep and I am 68 and have to keep switching arms as I cant fly up/down as I did at 30.

Doggone!!!!LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes