Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

Check the step count on the tracker both before and after climbing the stsirs.  No steps counted, no stairs counted.

Moving the tracker up the arm makes sense if that is the arm on the hand rail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The band is on my left arm so it's moving going up the railing and as long as you remember to move or swing it coming down. Yesterday it kept track of every flight!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks Rich. actually it WILL count steps but not stairs at all times. But I thank everyone for your feedback. Am trying all suggestions and appreciate the info from this Community! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Kelly!! Awesome info!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been up 7 flights of stairs today, but only 3 have been counted. I go up the same way every time, 1st time this has happened! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

See, I am NOT alone on this. Fitbit needs to upgrade maybe!! Also twice this week, my setting on my weight using Pounds has changed on it's on to milligrams!! Please fix these glitches. the stairs issue is especially annoying and it is NOT the user!!!

Best Answer
If you wear it 2 finger widths above the wrist bone it keeps track very well.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does the noted positioning affect other readings as well? And how do you
keep it at that position? Mine keeps sliding down from there so it ends up
on the wrist bone​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks..That is EXACTLY where I wear it. Read all the instructions and all the suggestions and EVERYTHING works awesome except for the stair issue but according to Fitbit, that's most likely due to my stairs being "only"10 feet long. WHATEVER..

I love this Fitbit.!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

all other readings are awesome. It will not slip as long as you snug up your wrist band. If it's moving you might consider making it tighter. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you - reply appreciated. Likely my problem is not keeping the band
snug enough since I am not fond of anything tight on my arm, or anywhere
else. Guess I may have to try to overcome my ​inability to handle things of
a snug nature if I want better accuracy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear my FB C2 in the same place all the time, first time it happened! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not solved! Why do the moderators here always write "solved" on post that are obviously not solved. Fact is my charge used to count stairs and now it does not. It has nothing to do with swinging arms or going slow. There is a problem with the product and you don't know how to fix it. 

Best Answer
KateWilde you are quite correct. There are days when all I have done is
shop at Home Depot or Menards and my favorite grocery store where they are
all single story and I will get home with a record of 6 or 8 or 12 or ...
floors climbed. And sometimes it will count my stairs at home which only
have an 8' rise but mostly not. Whatever their technique for counting
stairs does not work accurately ​
Best Answer

Stair counts are affected by the weather. Changes in air pressure cause increments in the count. Don't get too perturbed by it....the stair count doesn't get included in any calculations of calorie burn or activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
​I know that, but this leads me to question the reliability of any of the
other measured activity
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree!!! I can sit on a stool and move my arms and feet and it will record as steps. Have walked around our basement and it records double the steps. Two days ago, up and down the 13 steps to basement 6 times and it recorded zero. and it's insane of the company to want me to MOVE BOTH ARMS thus not using handrail. Sorry but with one artificial knee, and and at age 68, don't need a fall.  Idiots!! Designer for ONLY 21 YEAR OLDS????

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Oh that doesn't make sense. Air pressure on indoor stairs doesn't change! Also, I yes it shows calorie burn. Maybe take a class to better understand pressure changes. These are INDOOR stairs. LMAO.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not recording stairs. Called fitbit. Just got a bum device. Who the hell said anything about air pressure. Indoors Anyway! Once A Week It Works. All Other Days zero Count, No Matter the Steps Or Hills I Climb!
Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes
SOMEONE earlier stated it was all about air pressure!!! Dont get angry toward me

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer