Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161
Forgive me then! Please!!

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well of course and no offends meant toward you ar all!!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 isn’t recording stairs either. I go up and down fairly quickly, in fact I just went up 20 ft and down 40 ft and it didn’t record any stair activity. 

Best Answer
clearly the Fit bit ppl need to do something!!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Got a Charge 2 for Christmas.  I have read SO many posts about this thing not counting flights of stairs.  Have followed every suggestion about what could be the issue, how to fix, etc...  Today I have kept Close track of every single time I have climbed the stairs.  My steps are definitely more than the 10ft elevation change, I go quickly (never stop) but not too quick, swing my arms, make sure the Fitbit is secure on my arm, tried to change from one arm to the other, etc.....  It has recorded exactly 1/2 of the flights that I have done.

If I only did 1/2 of my job, I would definitely expect to be fired.  This is my 3rd Fitbit and this thing is complete junk!  Definitely only records a fraction of steps taken- if you don't swing your arms enough, those steps might not count, if you are pushing a cart, guaranteed those steps won't count.

Bought my daughter a Garmin VivoFit3 and it was a fraction of the cost and works better!

Definitely will never purchase this line of product again.  Have talked to friends and they say the exact same thing. 2 friends have already returned theirs and they both purchased Garmin.  If I could locate my receipt, this one would go back as well!!

Best Answer

@tyanavich

I've found that putting the Fitbit in my pocket when doing leg-dominant movement (stairs, walking, etc.) it's much more accurate. I've been told (by Fitbit and others) that the heartrate monitor won't work with it in my pocket but when I go for walks it actually detects cardio-level and peak-level much more accurately in my pocket for some strange reason. With it on my wrist I never seemed to get out of a higher zone than "fat burning", even when I know I'm doing better than that (I'm a ridiculously fast walker and am breaking a sweat and huffing in less than 5 minutes.)

Before going to the grocery store I'll stick it in my pocket because pushing the cart seems to confuse the Fitbit into thinking I'm just sitting on my **ahem**, lol.

Anyway, just my 2¢. My biggest complaint is really with the Fitbit apps.

I always see this really nice-looking Garmin at Costco and have been wondering if their line is any different. There are so many issues with Fitbit products that I see via this forum that users have been griping about for many years. Not too confidence-building to be sure.

Best Answer
THANK you so much and I totally agree Fitbit needs a fix. Also I am not about to go up and down steep stairs at my age without holding on but they tell me to swing my arms. Not happening!! LOL..yesterday however it recorded all 13 times going up and down basement stairs. Amazing!!! It also doesn't know if I am sitting. Sat on a stool in our home and that device thought swinging legs and arms was steps!! 

Best Answer
Glad to know Garmin has made one!!This Fitbit is not consistent at all. Yesterday it was but day before not. And I don't understand why it will not record steps taken in grocery store but i can walk the driveway holding onto the snowblower and it works!!! WHY?? 

Best Answer

@MenaJoy67

Same when I mow the lawn. Could be the vibrations setting it off? Also, sometimes mowing the lawn comes up as "bike riding". 

Best Answer
this is not really about stairs but it does have to do with some of the
interesting anomalies in Fitbit activity recording.

I just spent 1 1/2 hours blowing about 8" of snow off of my 220 driveway +
the apron which can park 4 cars.

The Fitbit recorded about 4k steps + a 39 minute bike ride. Things that
make you go hmmmmm

Best Answer

I use to have a Charge Fitbit and it recorded stairs. I recently purchased a Charge 2 and it won't record the stairs. I'm not doing anything different.

Best Answer
Problematic tech toy! I am also seeing it doesnt update/sync daily as I have the setting for daily. So the BIGGIE workout last Friday didnt re ord on the App. I think I have been ripped off!!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer

My Charge 2 counts stairs most of the time, but today I was up and down at least six times and it only counted two flights. I wish there was a way to adjust the count. Is there any way you can add that? 

Best Answer

I have a theory - when you start going up you use the handrail lifting your fitbit up.   When you get to the top you drop your arm.   You may be  losing height because we are wearing the fitbit on our wrist.  

I am going  to try putting the fitbit in my pocket and see if it counts stairs then....  Just a thought....

Best Answer
Yesterday MY Fitbit Charge said I went on the stairs 7 times when was only 4. Today I did 5 trips up and down the 13 stairs and it records NOTHING!!!THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO UPGRADE or do SOMETHING. Maybe buying the Garmin is a great idea!!! 

Best Answer

I have tried that and it doesn't matter with my device. And it seems to want me NOT to hold hand rail with other hand. Not about to fly up and down stairs to please Fitbit. I am over 60!! And done being stupid. 

If this company cannot upgrade something is wrong. 

Best Answer

exactly MY issue. Thought Charge 2 would be better. NOT.

Best Answer
Thanks for the responses. Actually I use my other hand for the railing and I also raise my Fitbit arm when I reach the top to make sure I get at least nine feet.
It usually doesn’t miss more than one or two all day.
Best Answer

Touching the floor at the bottom and lifting the hand high at the top works for me all the time. So does driving over a mountain road!

Best Answer

I have asked several times for manual adjustment of floors like adjusting sleep log or activity time etc. no results and it’s been a year. For me it is important because I have arthritis and while my steps and floors are minimal compared to others, it means a lot to me if I go a couple of extra floors one day. Not sure why they can’t make that adjustment to manually change floors. Good luck!!!

Best Answer