Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

If the technology doesn't work, i wonder why mine does. As long as i get the required 3 hours. Screenshot_20180611-125027_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do I, Rich. Especially since, if you read through this thread, you seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Even my sister, who has gotten detailed sleep graphs since we bough our Fitbits in Jan, has since stopped getting them as of a month ago.

F64528B5-7FB9-4A16-B023-D9D3C2F298B8.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TrophyWidow wrote:

So do I, Rich. Especially since, if you read through this thread, you seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Even my sister, who has gotten detailed sleep graphs since we bough our Fitbits in Jan, has since stopped getting them as of a month ago.

Rich doesn't seem to understand that based on raw numbers (those who have NO Sleep stages issues and post about it here vs. those who have Sleep Stages issues and post about it here) he's in the significant minority. Hardly a scientifically supportable poll, but interesting none the less. . .

Best Answer

Did they concider people with cardiac arrhythmia?

So, why such long research for what?

A correct sleep stages algorithm with using HRV can show everytime needful patters! And works for everyone!

On Ionic is a useful app called HR Graph that shows detailed heart rate in 5 minutes screen. No problems.

Fitbit is not able to show where the data is missing or the signal is to low or when! Ir did somebody get usefull information from support?

In dashboard the heart rate shows no gap!

Really strange!

Fact is Fitbit chances the algorithm because until March I have had sleep stages, until an update, AND my heart rate is not accurate since over one year.

I would like to know when Fitbit is able to show the sleep stages?

Hopefully one day!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard

you maybe be aware of the heart condition arrhythmia which can cause several outcomes one of which is a heart beat pattern that is irregular, this is a scale-able condition and at the lower end individuals may not realize they have it - this could be the case with your friend

several months back my stages just stopped and after some weeks i discussed this with my doctor and he sent me to a cardiologist who subsequently showed that i have the above condition, this came to me as a surprise for i am normally a fit and healthy runner

i am wondering now if some of the people in this thread might have the same, thing for i find it difficult to believe that the trackers are at fault

Best Answer
0 Votes

WothWmany millions of Charge 2 users around the world where are they complaining about no sleep stages? 

Of the many i meet daily, i haven't found any .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I appreciate that information. I already had mentioned it to my friend. Unfortunately, where we live, if you have a family doctor there is a long waiting list to see a cardiologist (another recognised as sick friend has been on the waiting list to see one for over 2 years). Over 50,000 in the province have no family doctor, so it is even more difficult to be referred. My friend is one of them. Walk in clinics and emergency departments are not really the place to request a referral, especially with no symptoms. 

Thanks again, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a lucky one @Rich_Laue

But a lot of Fitbit users not.

I can understand that you can't accept this, because yours is working.

Mine is not. So who tells the trues?

Unfortunately you can't help!

Only Fitbit can help when they are going to correct the algorithm.

<100% is not 100%.

AND they are still not able to show where and when the data is missing.

You see no gap on dashboard!

A developer wrote in the community that each tracker collects always all data and after synchronization the calculation starts and show the result and graph.

But still no missing information or low signal.

HR Graph shows on Ionic always the heart rate.

Maybe one day Fitbit engineers are able to find the mistake!

So, be happy and enjoy the time until it is working for you!

All the best to all!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

WothWmany millions of Charge 2 users around the world where are they complaining about no sleep stages? 

Of the many i meet daily, i haven't found any .

Um....here. They're complaining here. Are there "millions" of us? No, but it does seem like a lot, especially when you factor in people like my sister who is experiencing problems but not coming here to say anything. So, while in your experience, everything is aces it is not so with the people who have posted here. Your experience does not override ours, and vice versa. We have a problem with sleep stages. You do not.

Best Answer

The data the sleepbstages need is heart rate, the missing heart data should not be hard to find. 

What usithe reason the app says for not seeing sleep stages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

The data the sleepbstages need is heart rate, the missing heart data should not be hard to find. 

What usithe reason the app says for not seeing sleep stages. 

Rich -- you KNOW it's not this simple.

Creating the Sleep Stages reports required the HRV data, which is a sub set of raw heart rate. You've said this yourself in this forum. This is why I can have full Heart Rate data (Raw BPM rate) for the entire night, and still not receive Sleep Stages.

Isn't it possible that the error message on which you rely has been crafted to address a wide variety of issues? Since Fitbit Technical Support has explained this to me in detail why do you persist in trying to characterize the problems being had by others as not a Fitbit problem?

When you try to explain it away as no heart rate data you're being (based on your stated knowledge) simplistically inaccurate.

It' clearly an HRV data problem; it is either not being collected accurately, or it is not being interpreted properly. In may cased posted here (mine as well) it is a real time intermittent failure.

Best Answer
Well said !
I also have tried everything offered by fitbit and other users to no avail and have quite frankly given up hope of it ever doing what it says on the tin!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Mike, I whole heartedly agree with everything you have said about the unreliability of Fitbit regarding the breakout of sleep stages.  In the past 40  days, there have been 24 days that my Charge 2 has not tracked my sleep stages.  I have gone through three different Fitbit devices over several years, with most of them being replaced by Fitbit within the warranty period!  My disappointment with Fitbit continues to escalate and I believe after this Charge 2 has run out it's warranty, I, too, will search for a replacement with another company.  So sad, because when the sleep stage feature works, I really like to view my monthly average of the various stages and also like to compare my sleep stages to other folks in my age bracket.   Really wish that Fitbit would do something to get this feature running successfully for all concerned!

Best Answer

ONE is too many Rich_Laue, I'm not sure why you have to come here and post something to defend Fitbit and disregard our issues. I hope yours also fails soon enough...

Best Answer

Great post. Well written. I hope you don't mind, but i just forwarded a copy to James Park, Fitbit CEO.

Best Answer

@ArizonaGreg wrote:

Great post. Well written. I hope you don't mind, but i just forwarded a copy to James Park, Fitbit CEO.

Thanks -- no prob -- it's an open post. . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had the same problem for a while. I now may get an ocaisional sleep recording, and have tried everything they suggest.

What needs to be done is to make videos from several of us customers who are having this problem and post on You Tube. THAT should get their notice.

Best Answer

@mjperry51 Perfectly worded. I couldn’t agree more. I hate that the blame is put on the customer. 

“You’re wearing the band on the wrong spot.”

”You’re wearing it too tight/loose.”

”You’re sleeping in a weird position.”

”Your physiology is different.”

”Turn the heart rate to auto/on.”

If you advertise that your product does something, all of these things should have been taken into account during beta testing. The product should work. It’s what we all paid a lot of money for.

Best Answer
Well said!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mjperry51, you have perfectly summarized my experience with the Charge 2, right down to being a latecomer to trackers. I have had mine since February 6 and have received sleep stage data only 26 times. Between the lack of that data and being credited on a regular basis for an excessive number of floors climbed (including several days in excess of 100 floors) when I have not climbed any, I have little confidence that any of the other data is anywhere near correct. Right now, the only information in which I have any confidence, other than the date and time of day, is my weight tracking and the number of days I exercise (the only two stats that I can verify).

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer