Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

@Flicker24, what are your options other than returning it as Fitbit suggested?  If it doesn't work for you, it won't be of much value to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see a few options @Flicker24

Some have reported that

- turning heart rate to on has helped. 

- changing sleep mode to sensitive

- set the tracker up as an replacement unit

- switch tracker a with the other person for a night. 

Best Answer

How can this issue be marked as solved?

it is clearly still an issue for many that CHARGE 2 DOES NOT display sleep stages for all users. I’ve had multiple email discussions with Fitbit support teams and to date, my husbands works and mine does not ~ reference issue #23000798

Best Answer
After deleting the application and reloading mine is working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I agree. Mine isnt work either.

Best Answer

Loving my charge 2 in general but count me as one more to the list of people having problems with its sleep tracking. I've had it since around Christmas and I've only received detailed sleep stages 4 times on intermittent days. All the other nights have only resulted in the simplified sleep report. I'm going to try some of the fixes mentioned here but I'm not holding out much hope based on what I've read!

Best Answer
Get in touch with Fitbit they helped sort my problem. I had to restart mine. I found Fitbit very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my charge 2 for nearly two weeks. It tracked my sleep stages on one night, 6 nights ago. I do everything you suggest. Could it be anything to do with the heart-beat itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive had it for 6 weeks now, only 1 time i got detailed sleep stages. Now idea why it worked that singel time. Tried everything suggested.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm going to try re-setting my tracker as suggested by support. But not until bedtime. I don't want to reset my steps so far today - just in case

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get in touch with Fitbit they are very helpful and will sort it out for you. If faulty they will replace.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jmcm46,

Might want to try out a few of the workarounds as suggested in the Fitbit Charge 2 tracking sleep like a flex thread where several owners (including myself) have experienced sleep stage monitoring issues. None of the workarounds are satisfactory, but if you're not having much joy in getting sleep stage monitoring working as it's supposed to, might as well try out the workarounds to see if one or all of them will kick the device back into functioning as it's supposed to.

Ionic and Alta HR owners are also experiencing similar sleep stage monitoring issues.

The problem stems from how the algorithms determine sleep stages based on what Fitbit calls heart rate variability (HRV), the inter-beat data which is a sub-set of the raw heart rate. Until Fitbit releases a software / firmware up-date, afraid we're going to have to live with buggy software and be their beta testers. 

Best Answer
I've been reading through everyone's posts. It would be interesting to know what proportion of charge 2 wearers have this problem. I think I may have the wrong size Fitbit. I seem to remember seeing 'large' on the documentation, and I have a skinny wrist so small may be better. I also get ectopic heartbeats fairly frequently, and wonder whether this is stopping the tracker from recognising sensible gaps between beats? Did a soft re-boot and will see if that makes a difference tonight.
Thanks to the people who have responded to me.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I have a small, change the strap do you get a tighter fit !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have just bought a soft strap which I have been wearing today. Much more comfortable than the original strap. Soon be going to sleep. Can't wait to check my sleep stages in the morning! Life is full of disappointment!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a metal magnetic strap so much better than the original. Sleep well hope it works!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No joy 😩

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hav3 exactly the same problem !  It works if my husband wears it but not it I wear it !  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use sleep tracking from August to January and got sleep stages regularly until January.  I have tried everything suggested about how to wear the Charge 2 and have done the reset.  Nothing has helped.  I now get just simplified sleep.

Best Answer
I've tried my new strap, changing arm and generally making sure the Fitbit is in the right place. All to no avail! I think it must be my heart beats causing the problem. Does anyone else have an erratic heart?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer