Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448
Thank you so much for sharing this! Will look into it further.
Best regards 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your link leads to “page not found “

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't post a link. Just advised to go to Fitbit help. Think it's fitbit.com.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What ‘button’ are you referring to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me. I've tried everything and have given up trying. I'm disappointed that the only function I was really interested in doesn't work. 

Best Answer

I wore my Fitbit very tightly the last few nights and it started working again. Although the tightness is so uncomfortable I think it’s keeping me awake! Can’t win

Best Answer

Mine has been (sort of) working lately. However, the strangest thing has happened twice now. I sync my fitbit in the morning and check my sleep. Stages are there I am happy. A couple of hours later I want to remind myself how much deep sleep I got and find it reverted back to the simplified data. So that has me thinking it is not 100% the watch but the program into which the info is uploaded. Anyone else experience this?

Best Answer

My Wife and I each have the Charge 2 bought at the same time last weekend, hers has always worked tracking sleep stages, mine has never worked.  We are on the same versions of the app2.47 (748).  Have tried wearing it a different tightness on my arm, moved the phone around to different places  around the bed each night.  Tried the put Charge 2 in the charger ,hold the button and pull it out of the charger and that made no difference.  Thinking of either taking it back to store and getting another one, or wearing hers on my are to see if it is me or the device.  The only other difference is her phone is an Iphone 7 where mine is an Iphone 6.  Also just updated my phone to IOS 11.3 from 11.2.6  and that mad no difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello Jmcm46 - yes i have same issue as do many others it seems and like me they have tried all the suggested ways to resolve but with no joy . . so far, like yourself i am begining to wonder if this is down to my heart beat like there's something with it that the C2 suddenly doesnt like, actually if i don't get the deep sleep chart it isn't such a big deal to me, but my heart has felt a bit wierd at around the same time that the deep sleep thing stopped - one thing to try is reinstalling the app on the phone i think that is the best solution

Best Answer
I have tried the reinstall and that did not help. I get the full regular
heart info so I do not see how Fitbit can say it is a connection issue. I
am in pretty good shape so my resting heart rate in near 54-55 so I am not
sure if that has anything to do with it. It would be interesting to know
for the people that it does work for what is their resting heart rate.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Bradycardia, which is a naturally slow heart rate. My resting heart rate is 35 - 45 bpm. My sleep data is about as hit and miss as everyone else, although it has been working for the past several nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello Kotolski - maybe try swapping your C2 with hers for tonight - check them fist thing when you wake up - when you reinstalled the app on your phone did you lose any of you history ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is what we are going to try tonight. Iam going to wear both of them.
No I did not loose any data when I removed the app and reinstalled.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have an ECG. I bet you have an erratic heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was so frustrated when mine stopped recording sleep stages as that was my main reason for buying Fitbit. The people at the helo section were really helpful and solved the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know my heartbeat is erratic, has been for a long time. Just had an ECG a week ago. However, my Fitbit recorded sleep stages until after the first update about 5 months after purchase. Since that time sleep stages have worked a handful of times. Discouraging!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ladybridgewrote:

I was so frustrated when mine stopped recording sleep stages as that was my main reason for buying Fitbit. The people at the helo section were really helpful and solved the problem.  

Can you be more specific as to what solved the problem for you? I've tried every suggestion made by moderators and other users in the Android, iOS and Charge 2 Help Forums, as well as the "Sleep Better" topics in the Lifestyle Discussion Forums, and haven't found anything that has worked to give me sleep stages instead of the basic sleep data.

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes

hello Jmcm46

my doc already did the ecg thing and the readout looked ok which was a bit frustrating but am going to get a holter 24hr monitor because i still don't feel so comfortable

hello Kotolski

the idea is to get your partner to wear your tracker over night - not you to use hers

to everyone else

although my sleep stage thing doesn't work i still get my sleep timed which is ok for me but i can't understand why people are so focused on their deep-sleep results, firstly they may not be accurate and secondly you can't do anything to increase or reduce it anyways there's no carburetor to fiddle with - to get a better sleep you just have to be more tired and when you go into the bedroom . . stop thinking

Best Answer
Well that’s shot that one down! Now I have no reason for the problem 😟

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told to plug into charger. While fitbit is plugged in, hold button pressed for 5/6 seconds untik it vibrated and the symbol comes back on . That's all mine needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes