Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

@Tdog2010

• If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).

That's strange!

In the developer community I learned that all data comes from the tracker and the sleep stages will be calculated in the app, so all data should be available!

Why are the sleep stages not shown?

Why is it not possible to see heart rate data and movement data also in the app?

Also no information about missing data in the app, the heart rate graph shown no gab!

Sorry, of course, no details possible. 😞

Really strange!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem since I bought my Fitbit in January. My sister bought the same type on the same day - hers tracks sleep stages while mine does not. I've only gotten sleep stages a handful of times since I've owned it, and it's really hit or miss. I've done all of the suggestions mentioned throughout this thread (even the shaving, but I shave my arms anyway so that has never been an issue). I've restarted my Fitbit, both once and three times in a row. I've adjusted band tightness and placement on my wrist - I now wear the band at the same tightness on the same place on my wrist to no avail. Still hit or miss on the sleep stages. I've set the heart rate to always on. I've set it to auto. I've set the sleep sensitivity to sensitive...that only resulted in a simplified sleep graph with way fewer hours of sleep and way more restless times. I've worn it on my dominant wrist for a week - same results. I've contacted customer support, and have even had a replacement sent to me. Still doesn't work. They have sent my complaints to a "higher" level of customer support, and I can't wait to get the email with the same canned response that I've seen on this thread. I'm not holding my breath, but it is incredibly frustrating to pay so much money for something that doesn't work the way it says it will.

Best Answer
My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't understand why the Ionic is so different.

A few couple bought the Ionic on same day. One is working and one doesn't work. 50% quality?

Hopefully not.

Really strange.

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has miraculously started working again, it worked every other day 2 weeks ago then nothing at all last week and this morning, it had tracked my sleep pattern at last, hope it’s not a one-off!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a 2nd level support available or an escalation team?

1st level support has no possibility to help!!!

Restarts can't fix bugs!!!

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mark, that would be my next step but it has now started working again.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Please save your time and let it escalate. Support can't really help.

Always: restart of the tracker, restart of the heart rate sensor, reconnect to the account.

This doesn't solve bugs!

But my wife has sleep stages every night with my Charge 2 or Ionic!

It's so frustrating to waste time with Fitbit!

No help, no solution, no bugfix!

Discrepancies in the manual.

They wrote that they are using HRV!

Why then the message " no cosistant heart rate"?

When somebody has cardiac arrhythmia, then the heart rate is not accurate! Right?

But with HRV it should be possible to identify the sleep stage.

Until March I have had sleep stages.

Then comes an update.

And nobody from Fitbit understand that?

It's so crazy!

I should switch to Apple and the AppleWatch!

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

Hi there. How do you change the sleep mode to sensitive?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't recommend switch to sensitive!

You will waste time, but it is your decision!

Only a bugfix can help!

It's with app under unit Charge 2 then sleep. Change from normal to sensitive.

I have had not accurate data.

Maybe you can share a screenshot from that night.

Thank you

Regards

Mark

P.S.: @ Mod: Please remove the flag "solved", because that's not true!

And let us know, when the bugfix will be available! Thanks!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard letslego to the bottom of this page and click on Help we can then enter Sleep into the search bar. The FAQ on sleep will be the first hit and the answer may be found here

Best Answer

It would be more helpfull to see the signal strenght! And get an alert when data are missing!

That's what it's look like currently.

But nobody can't check that.

Heart rate shows in the dashboard correct.

So something must be wrong!!!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Mark,

It's not my issue, mine tracks my sleep stages, no 😄

A friend of mine recently (a week ago) purchased a new Charge 2 (using Android phone for syncing). She has followed all the recommendations by different support people, to no avail. Sleep stages never have been recorded for her since she got it.

She has tried a different Charge 2 with the same result.

Fitbit are prepared to replace the device, as all else has failed. But having tried another Fitbit, with the same result (though, to be fair, that Fitbit has never been used to track sleep stages for another person, so it is remotely possible that coincidentally that doesn't work either - remotely possible, but not likely), I am now wondering if it might be related to heart issues (as reported by some) or just the sensitivity. Her heart rate is consistently being measured and displayed on her Charge 2. Just no sleep stages.

So I am just trying to help her sort it out.

Cheers

Ellie

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit really use HRV then cardiac arrhythmia is no problem!

But they can't also show the signal strenght or give an alert when something goes wrong!

And somewhere around there is the bug, I bet!

A developer explained that the tracker always have all date and the calculation and graph is after synchronization, so could be here also a problem. If hardware is working correct!

Or bad electronic components with bad tolerance are in the tracker.

Hopefully not, so then there is a software- or connection problem.

I have had until an update. And Fitbit is still ignoring.

My Ionic has a hardware problem an I get soon a new one. Hopefully it works.

But Charge 2 should also work! 😉

I hope they can find the problem and fix it.

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not solved. Tried everything you suggest and more. So far no sleep stages

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have given up on my charge 2. I bought it for the sleep stages and have had a total of four successful nights- 1 in February and 3, suddenly, in April. I gave it to my niece in disgust and it’s worked properly since she had it!

When Fitbit acknowledges that the problem is theirs, and fixes it, maybe I’ll trust them again. Good luck everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, Flicker24, at least they have been honest with you, I have never got a straight answer like that in my entire two month a a half saga w/o sleep stages. If that's an official Fitbit position they should disclaim it at least, so we avoid expecting something that doesn't work fro everybody 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my friend put her Charge 2 on the inside of her wrist and she got sleep stages last night for the first time. Let's hope she gets the same result tonight and ongoing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No sleep stages again today. Just for the record. Fitbit support muted so far, this is my daily routine: Wake-up, check Fitbit app for Sleep Stages, reply to Fitbit support with a screenshot showing no sleep stages. Getting tired

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CharlieDunkeland anyone else not getting sleep stages - it is important to remember that the different stages are not calculated with simple heart rate measurements but with the variation in your heart rate, if you tried resolving this problem with all the suggestions in this thread then it might be an idea to visit a cardiologist and see if all is well with your heart.

Best Answer
0 Votes