Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen faded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my fitbit charge 2 screen is very faded. I can barely see the screen any more. I have tried restarting it several times and it has full battery but still no success. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25
Best Answer

@Patrickl1990 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 fading. Like @SunsetRunner said our Support team can help you as they are the ones that can review the information and provide options. I noticed that you already have a case with them so I wanted to know if they were able to resolve this for you?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, no it hasn't been resolved yet. The watch was a present given to me for Christmas sent from new Zealand. It was bought around end of November or start of December. It was bought in a shop called the warehouse stationary. Any further help would be great. 

Best Answer

@Patrickl1990 sorry for the delay in my response. All this information may be useful for the Support team as they are the ones that can process a replacement. No one in the Community can replace your device so I suggest you reply to your Support ticket with this information.

Let me know the outcome!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
How do I go about replying to the support ticket.

Thanks
Best Answer

@Patrickl1990 you should've gotten an email from them. You can reply through the same email to let them know about the purchase information and that the troubleshoots haven't worked for your tracker.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Knowone has contacted me on this and I feel like this is poor customer service on their part. I am very happy with how you have kept in contact but since it is not a fault of my own and a technical problem, I would like for this to be fixed.

Thanks, Pat

Best Answer

Same issue - screen fading from the right. I contacted support but I'm out of the 365 day warranty period and ineligible for a replacement. Throughout the forums there is talk of resetting the devise three times, but in my view this is misleading as it doesn't solve the problem of poor durability. If the issue is as simple as reset the device, wouldn't this be first in line for a bug fix by Fitbit? What percentage of users experience this in the first two years of their device? The number of users posting here with this issue and the consistent reply to "contact support" should balance the number of positive reviews by people who only just purchased their device on retailers websites - support is going to apply their local jurisdiction warranty period and does not take responsibility for what appears to me to be a common problem with the device! 

Michael

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I am within the 365 day warranty but said something like since
purchased in another country it is not acceptable. This is not a correct
way to deal with issues that are out of our control.
Very poor customer service.
Best Answer

@MooseToque Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear about your damaged tracker and for the delay in my reply. Support follows the guidelines stated in the Fitbit warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace the device.

@Patrickl1990 This is odd, where did you purchase your tracker from? Where are you located? Could you please provide these details to our Support team again? I have created a new ticket so they will reach out to you via email.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it was bought in New Zealand last year's around end of November to start of December area. I am from Ireland and was a present. When I first sent in complaint it was well under warranty and not sure about now. This damage is not caused by something I have done but a manufacturing fault. I would appreciate further help on this.

Best Answer

@Patrickl1990 thank you for the additional details. Make sure you add this to your reply once you get the email from our Support team. 

Let me know how this evolves with Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here -seems a recurring problem - many have reported that the screen starts fading a little after one year - Then customer service will ask all kind of questions (please restart; when did you buy :? Which thety can see on their logs); what is your postal address) but in the end the answer is : " sorry you are our of warranty - here you can find a list of the retail addresses " - The warranty is 12 months - the lifespan of the watch is 15 months - shame !  

Best Answer
0 Votes

can't agree more - they take you for a ride ..... 

Best Answer

I had this exact same issue happen to me, just three months are the warranty expired. I called customer service, but they only offered me a 25% discount on getting a new FitBit. This is so incredibly lame. If this is the best that FitBit can do, I'm done with FitBit, and will be advising others to do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The right side of my screen is also faded. I only could read left side of the screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. The right side of my screen is also faded. I only could read left side of the screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ctmarxen @Mamatraff Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

I will gladly assist you and sorry for the late reply.

@ctmarxen Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

@Mamatraff you didn't mention if you have tried any troubleshoots so please try restarting your device by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Alvaro,
Thank you for your reply. After trying to restart the tracker with no success, I’ve contacted Fitbit customer services and since its still under the warranty period they’ve sent me a replacement. The battery run out quicker than my old tracker (same model) but at least the screen works well.
Thanks for your time reading my mail.

Kind regards,
Fauzia Trafford
Best Answer
0 Votes