Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not had any issues with mine and not quite sure how this could happen without it being hit or touched.

I doubt this will be covered by warranty as it would be classed as accidental damage. However, you can check the terms at www.fitbit.com/returns and if you want to try your luck you could contact customer support via:

contact.fitbit.com

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

Not had any issues with mine and not quite sure how this could happen without it being hit or touched.

I doubt this will be covered by warranty as it would be classed as accidental damage. However, you can check the terms at www.fitbit.com/returns and if you want to try your luck you could contact customer support via:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
So how do you think the big deep scratch got there?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Accidental damage
Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought it could be a possibility but i dont recall anything hitting touching as its on my wrist. Theres nothing which i could have touched or come in contact have an impact
Best Answer

Mine did something like that after I put it on the charger and toke it of the clip for scratch it

Best Answer

i got a new charge 2 for christmas and yesterday i noticed it has a crack in the screen there is not even a scratch on it what did you do to get it fixed??

Best Answer

Mine has the same problem. I can not remember hitting it against anything.

Best Answer

I've got the same problem too, a crack suddenly appeared one morning without having felt any impact. Can you get the screen repaired assuming it's not covered under warranty? Or is it under warranty because it's happened spontaneously rather than due to damage?

Best Answer
Hi

Yes speak to fitbit and they can advise. I spoke to them in my case it got replaced ( as it was literally within a month and no impact just randomly cracked)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

This happened to me. Woke up normal wear and cracked screen. Top of Fitbit is smooth almost like the screen bellowed and cracked inside. Called Fitbit and they said I hit it and not replacing. I had the HR that kept breaking then upgraded to HR 2. Worse decision ever. Products fall apart regularly. HR 2 is only 4 months old and already on a new band and now has a cracked screen. Disappointed in their products and their service.

Best Answer

What was the solution? The same exact thing happened to me this morning. It's Monday morning and I got mine this Saturday...

Best Answer
I fought and spoke to them twice and they finally replaced it. I bought protector covers for it. I will never buy another Fitbit again with all the trouble I have had between this one and my original charge. The band also separated on this one that they also replaced. They told me I shouldn't cook with it on cause steam will cause the band to separate. What watch do you take off to cook?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Wow! You should post that reply on facebook!

Best Answer

I had the exact same thing happen - the screen cracked and it appears to be cracking from the inside. There was no impact to the watch, I didn't drop it, it simply cracked right down the middle of the screen. Fitbit is not standing by their product. I received it as a gift from my mom but she purchased it from a sports store online, so Fitbit says that voids the warranty. I am so disappointed in this product and their service.

Best Answer

it happened the same to me and my wife...warranty took care but yes... i guess it is a very weak screen.

Best Answer

How did you get a replacement? They are waiving me away with accidental damage. I really liked the product initially but this is very disappointing.. a big crack from top to bottom after few months of running with it.

Best Answer
I phoned, then emailed support then opened a twitter account and complained through there. I posted everywhere I could about how horrible their service was. I got it replaced and have bought everything under the sun to protect it. Screen protectors etc. Would never buy their product again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm just writing to update my previous post. I called FitBit back insisting that a coupon for 25% off another product is not an acceptable response for what is clearly a manufacturing defect. So many people have complained about this very problem on the fitbit forum that it is clearly not a wear-and-tear or accidental problem but a manufacturing defect. It took some back-and-forth with their customer representative but they eventually agreed to replace the device.

Best Answer

I have a cracked screen on my charge 2. I contacted a chat agent who informed me that I should post on these forums to warn others.

My screen cracked with less than six months of wear time which was very disappointing. Due to being a professional I cannot wear a broken fit bit to work. I was looking to see if there was a replacement screen that I could swap out however apparently they don't make them.  

I feel they should make replacement screens because I was not overly rough with this fit bit. I just noticed this morning that the screen had two crack lines in it. I don't even recall bumping it on anything.

I just wanted to put out a warning to others not to buy one of the Fitbits with a screen unless you plan to take it off when you're active which is counter productive I guess.  It's sad because I love the product and started out with the original Fitbit. I just wish they had some type of remedy for my problem.

Maybe my significant other cracked it while I was sleeping so she can finally win a challenge. 🙂 

Best Answer