Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
I would say great platform. I love competing with family and friends with
the challenges. But I feel obligated to act as a savvy consumer and punish
a company that demonstrates such indifference and contempt for customers
that have been loyal for years. Hiding behind the warranty is such a
cowardly and short-sighted view.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Guess I have been politely asked to leave the group.  Here is what Fitbit Community sent me:
Reply by email can not be posted

To control which emails we send you,
manage your subscription & notification settings
or unsubscribe.    

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation here in the forums folks! I want to apologize for the inconveniences caused because of the screen cracked on your Charge 2. 

Our team is already aware of these type of inconveniences, and as always, they are trying to work towards a solution, which is an improvement of our products, not only with software issues but also with hardware issues. Now, we as moderators don't know when is this gonna be officially released or if there is other temporary solution we can offer more than those given by our Support team after reviewing the warranty policies for each one of you. These policies as you may know, change depending on your country of residence and the data of purchase of your Fitbit. 

For those who already get a replacement, I appreciate the update. Our Support team is always trying to offer the best option to our users, so they can get back on track. 

If you have further questions or comments, please keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another white washing of the truth.This is not a warranty issue, but rather a company that will not stand behind a flawed product. You have not offered any reasonable offer of repair or replacement to us folks that purched your substandard product.  

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer

I noticed mine has a crack yesterday. Long vertical slightly diagonal crack that is pushed up in the middle. Looks like something pushed up from the inside. Sent an email to customer service. Will post results. Like everyone else, this is not caused by external damage. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck. If it's under warranty you're good. If not, you're like
thousands of others.

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I'm on my second Charge 2 with a screen crack. Sitting my step in the sun for 15 or so minutes and I heard a pop, looked down at my Fitbit and had a crack in it. 25% off is crazy for an obvious design defect. 

And why does Europe get a 2 year warranty and not north america? Seems a bit shady

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas. After 5 months I also noticed a big crack across the screen without  recalling any type of incident. Then a few weeks after that the band also broke. I ordered a new metal band in hopes it will last. I went on line to see if there was a way to get the screen replaced and saw all the issues with this watch, I am very disappointed. The only good thing is now I know it was nothing I did, but a defective product. I will not be purchasing another one unless I hear the problems with this product are resolved.

Best Answer
Fortunately, mine was under warranty so they are sending a new piece (not a
new band with it though). Unfortunately, they really need to address this
design flaw and take care of all the customers where this is happening and
not just those still under warranty. Hopefully, they will do the right
thing. I hope they don't delete this because they did delete a different
one I wrote

--

"The world is a dangerous place.
Not because of the people who are evil;
but because of the people who don't do
anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, my watch is only 9 months old so should be under warranty, but sounds like people are having to go thru a lot to get anything done. Thank you for your response. I will look to see if they deleted my post. 

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
Fitbit has created a publicity nightmare for the company by ignoring this growing problem.  They have deleted several of my tweets.  

Best Answer

Mine is just out of warranty and they sent a 25% off coupon (for another charge 2) which is not an acceptable solution.  Wrote a nice letter back asking for a different resolution for what is clearly either a design or manufacturing defect.  Not a happy customer at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support team has done nothing to assist any fitbit owners with issues.  All they have done is tell us to purchase a new one and offer a discounts.

Read the posts and you will know this is not the fault of the consumer but the fault to the poor product manufactured by fitbit.

When is someone going to take ownership?  From reading other posts there was also a recall due to another model of the fitbit causing skin irritation.

Does anyone care about the consumers?  Or are we just some money making idiots for fitbit?

Stop deleting peoples post and own up and correct this for the consumers.

Companies only delete posts when there is something to hide.  But guess what there are tons of other social media presence that people can turn to.

Best Answer

What's also crazy is the 25% discount being on fitbits site itself WHICH is around $50 more than most stores. Oh and offered a 40% off discount if I buy an Icon... 

That makes sense... your original fitbit was faulty, Charge HR was faulty and went though 2 Charge 2's sureeee I'll give you another $250. 

I'm not letting it go at all and plan on just spreading the truth on Twitter until something is done. At jo3yMorrison 

Mods can delete all this posts but I screenshot everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm surprised they left this post. They deleted mine when I questioned whether people were doing anything about this. I wish all of you luck and hope the new one they send me doesn't do the same thing.  Does anyone know how many complaints they have had about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH wrote:
Accidental damage

WRONG

Best Answer

I agree their after sales service is rubbish and they always have an excuse for not replacing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys! I hope you are doin' fine today! 

I totally understand your concerns about the damage screen of your Charge 2. Our Support team has proceed accordingly in each case. There are some things that they take into consideration to determine the best options for our users. The warranty changes depend on your country of residence, so the options won't be the same for all Fitbit users, but always try to get you back on track. 

Please note that we really take into consideration every feedback from you guys. 

Please keep us posting as your comments and concerns are very important to us. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen has cracked due to heat it is not designed to cope with it, manufacturing error. So you now want us to pay out for one that is designed not to crack! Mine is less than 2 years old. It is meant to be designed to wear 24/7 and sustain every day normal use. 

Best Answer

I'm sure you are taking serious note of all feedback from users to improve your products and make more money in the future. You don't care about the money spent / Lost by the people who has already bought the substandard products . 

Best Answer