Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Hi Stevemcqueen. I recommend calling Fitbit and asking them to replace your
device. I've found the chat didnt help me resolve any problems to my
satisfaction. But insisting on the phone that I wanted them to replace my
device helped.
Best Answer

Indeed keep on spamming and calling till you get want you want. In the end they replaced mine.

Too bad the quality seems to be lacking here and there since the product itself is wonderful. Especially the app ecosystem!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husbands screen also has a Crack..we are retired and there is no way it was from abuse..3 months old...offered 25% off next purchase...will not be getting another fitbit...there seems to be a flaw with this product...they will probably lose a lot of customers as we will be letting our friends know

Best Answer
I would rather buy a Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine is also cracked. Just happened today and I haven't done ANYTHING just sitting around watching tv did some laundry and a light walk. It was a Valentine's day gift. I hope that future will replace the screen as my boyfriend will be upset with me for such a reckless looking crack. I am thinking it has to be something to do with either the weather.. or sleeping. Because this is crazy and everyone seems to be in the same boat here... 😣😢

Best Answer

Hi!  The screen on my Charge 2 is scratched and also has a crack.  Is there a way I can get the screen replaced?  I am worried that water will get into it and ruin it.

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

I'm a real Apple fan, but that watch is far overpriced for what it does (especially activity tracking/heart rate is not convenient at all with AW). I'd stick with a fitness tracker if I were you..

Best Answer

I have the same problem screened just cracked. Fitbit have offered 25% off a new one. Not acceptable as I've only had it 2 months 

Best Answer

Hi   ive just came back from Crete and while on holiday my screen cracked -  contacted Fitbit yesterday they confirmed not covered by the warranty and they do not do a replacement screen   I purchased the fitbit Charge 2  in Feb 2017  so not old at all.  They offered me 25% off my next purchase  😞 

Im going to ring them every day to they replace or get a refund   has defo got to be a design fault  so why should we be all out of pocket  

Will keep you posted 🙂 

Best Answer

Were you able to get it fixed?  My son just had this happen yesterday and I am wondering about it. He just got it for Christmas so it's not very old. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi all 

I emailed the customer service team again yesterday saying I don't except the offer of 25% a new fitbit when this one is only 3 months old 

I have received an email from them today asking me to send pictures and where I purchased it from 

Just sent it all over to them 

As soon as I hear will let you know 

Kirstie 

Best Answer

I'm in the same place.  No impact to watch - which is always on my wrist....  Large 'split' in face.  It doesn't start at the end of the ....  it's in the middle.  So odd!  My watch is only 6 months old. My first watch 'died' after 35 days.  It was a hassle then to get a replacement. ...   I was so disaapointed in their lack of customer care I don't even this I will bother trying to get this issue resolved with them.  It's a shame...I like so many aspects of my fit bit but quality seems to be an issue and FitBit customer service has veen aweful in my opinion.

Best Answer

I just noticed the same thing today-- what I thought was a scratch is actually a crack, and like you, have been so careful with mine 😞

Best Answer

I am yet another with a screen crack.  DH got it for me for Christmas, so not yet 6 months of wear.  I began to notice some visual distortions in the screen after a couple of months, but this was only when viewing the lit screen with my sunglasses on.  The distortions continued to progress to where if I looked at it from a flat angle in indoor lighting it was odd.  Today I notice that there is a longitudinal crack in the entire face, and what appears to be some bulging of the screen near the center of the crack.  There are no chips at the edges, like what happens to smartphones when bumped or dropped. I've emailed customer support, but after reading through these comments, it doesn't sound hopeful that I will get any decent service.  Disappointing to hear that the screen crack and poor service seem to be the norm.  If I get poor service, I will be dumping my FitBit.  Too bad, I started with the Zip and loved it.

Best Answer

I am another one with a cracked screen. I had a FitBit Charge HR before the 2, and the smaller screen never cracked. I have only had my HR 2 since March 2017, and I have not had any impact with it. I have not contacted customer service yet. Can't believe so many have the same issue!

Best Answer

Its a waste of time contacting fitbit all they do is fob you off with a 25% discount    WHY WHY would yiu buy another one      they need to sort tjis ASAP as its clearly a design fault   ........ 

Best Answer

When they offered 25% off, I told them I'd never purchase another one-- and only then, was the customer service rep able to "talk to his team" and offer a "one time only" replacement. 

Best Answer

Was this recently that they gave you a replacement   

Best Answer
My husbands HR2 screen split right down the middle..only had it 3 months and have only offered 25%  off...he has called 3 times with no satisfaction...will not be buying another HR for the cost of $200 to only last 3 months...he had the HR which he loved and had for a long time with no issues with the screen😣

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
I've been contacted by customer service, asked to submit a photo of the
crack. Will let you know what happens from there. Thanks for sharing your
experience.
Best Answer