Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

Shockingly, mine also cracked. But not on the screen. Instead, it was the plastic covering the heart-rate sensor. So there's no way I could've hit it or anything. 

I worry about water damage since I use to wash my hand a lot and I cannot take the Fitbit off every time I do it...

PS: I contacted support via e-mail and I also attached a picture. I'm waiting for a reply now...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did not get replacement...but the person who replied to me did

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

@Kirstie30 @piercejamie2 @Scooter52 If you have questions about our limited warranty, I suggest checking out the details here. Hope that helps to clarify any questions that you might have.

@gtjptatc @SabeenDDS Thanks for confirming that you've been in contact with our Support Team, let me know when you've reached a resolution.

@Beckra81 I was able to get in contact with our Support Team and confirm that they had reached a resolution with you. Can you please confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Yes, it was just this past weekend that I filed the complaint. I insisted
that this should not happen with a 1 month old piece and I would not be
using their 25% off to purchase another one.
Best Answer

I too have suffered the spontaneously cracking screen, no impact, freshly charged before bed, went to sleep, and woke up with a cracked screen. This was a replacement unit sent directly from Fitbit a couple months back for a unit that would not sync any longer.

Ready to go Apple or Garmin at this point I have had to replace these trackers every 12-14 months. I have an office job and am a retired Soldier so I know I am not hard on these things.

Online chat agent said the cracked screen is never covered from day 1. This is a design defect of some type, I suggest keeping the cracked systems because I think it will be proven to be a design defect that will be of interest to ALL who are affected by it.**

** - Hope this post does not hurt the feelings of the moderators as my last post apparently did.

Best Answer

I am frustrated as I have this same issue.  My screen is cracked and I have only had it since February 2017. Spoke with someone and sent a picture and they said its just a scratch. But there is a deep crack in my screen. I have not dropped it or had it crushed on a bag or anything. Have kept it on my wrist or on the charger. Dissapointed that all I was offered was a 25% discount on a new item. It is only a few months old, it should last longer. With the number of complaints I see on here it seems to be some sort of a defect.  Makes me very hesitant to buy another Fitbit product in the future.  

Best Answer
I know right I gave up with it so I bought a Apple Watch instead

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

And plan on paying more for an apple screen repair then the cost of a Blaze or a Charge 2

https://www.google.com/amp/www.macworld.com/article/3041195/hardware/the-tragic-tale-of-a-shattered-...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very disappointed with my Charge 2 that I got as 2016 Christmas present. I'm sitting in a lawn chair outside last weekend and notice a thin crack in the screen. No accident, no impact, no drop, no liquid spill on it, no nothing to it at all. I call customer service and spend 30 minutes listening to them try to explain how the warranty isn't applicable. I also pointed out that their own web site has lots of people with the same complaint. It was sort of humorous listening to the supervisor of customer service try to defend that somehow I caused it by sitting in a chair.

This feels like a company that knows they have a problem with the screen and a defective product. Think about it. This product is advertised for an active lifestyle and people that charge hard yet the product cannot withstand basic wearing it on your wrist and walking around (or in the case of other users on this forum sleeping with it on). Seems like misleading or false advertising; especially if you look at their web site with all the pictures of people engaged in strenuous activities. Also, the fact that they quickly offer up a 25% discount on the purchase of another product (or the same product) seems like a scam or something used to drive more sales. Very disappointed that FitBit will not step up and honor the warranty and replace. I think people need to voice their concerns to the California consumer protection agencies.  

Best Answer

The charger is the problem! I noticed a crack in my screen and contacted support. I was also offered the "courtesy discount" and I refused. They sent me a replacement, and I immediately put a screen protector on it. It needed to be charged before I could set it up, and I noticed when I removed it from the charger it had a crack in the screen identical to my original Charge 2! I've contacted support about it, but it's too soon to expect a reply.

Best Answer

I'm thinking this is my problem as well - my screen mysteriously started showing very surface scratches right down the sides of the light up screen about a month or two into owning the Fitbit (purchased in  end Jan 2017). 

I go to charge it today and I notice that's EXACTLY where the charger sits. This is clearly a poorly designed charger. Those surface scratches have now worn down and it's cracking in the corners. Trust me, I've see many a broken phone - if I had dropped this or hit it, the glass would have spider webbed, not cracked in a straight line.

After my experience with Fitbit customer service and reading all these terrible reviews of the Charge 2's screen, I can definitely say I won't be purchasing another Charge 2 - $250 was a terrible investment for something that fell apart from gentle wear and tear (I sit at a desk for 40 hours a week - I maybe get to the gym twice). I'm on vacation next week so I might give them a call, but their support through e-mail was very dissatisfying. Complaining on twitter gets ignored, and sending a DM on Twitter just results in speaking to the inefficient e-mail team. 

I really wish they had something similar to the Flex 2 with a heart rate monitor, why should I dump another $250 on something that might break again? I can probably spend an extra $100 to get an Apple watch with some decent Applecare. This shouldn't have fallen apart in 5 months...

Best Answer

To provide an update, FitBit has offered a replacement for me after I sent them a photo of the longitudinal screen crack.  The picture did not seem to capture the screen bulge as I would have liked, but I've gone through the online process of ordering my free replacement and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  Feel very fortunate, as I did not get the 25%-off offer as my only choice that some people were offered. They did offer 50% off any other FitBit product, but I've chosen to stay with Charge2 for now.  Will be looking for some type of screen protector device though.  Any thoughts on where I can get something like that?

Best Answer

Interesting that others are having this experience. Mine has a straight crack from the top of the screen stretching towards the bottom. It seemed to happen overnight and I wondered if it was due to unseasonal heat in the UK. At the minute I've enquired with my retailer but will approach Fitbit if that fails. 

Best Answer

I am coming up on 3 months of having mine, and so far so good. However after reading about all these cracked screens, it makes me almost afraid to wear it. I wonder if all that tapping on the screen weakens it. I am going to check into screen protecters. 

Best Answer

My screen cracked after five months of normal use.  Fitbit online chat indicated that it's not covered under the warranty, but that they'd replace it as a one time courtesy.  I strongly believe that it's a defect and am greatly concerned about the longevity of the product after reading similar issues here and online.

Blaming users for a design flaw will not win product/company loyalty.  While I appreciate the replacement, I'm not sure why it's not covered by the warranty in the first place.

Best Answer

I agree, the charger is the issue. My fitbit was fine this morning, I took it off and put it on charge while I was in the shower. Put it back on right as I was leaving and there is a Crack from the bottom left to the top right. It was lying on my desk charging and cracked. The band broke and fell off within the first week of purchase. The replacement band did the same. I finally ordered multiple replacement bands and they seem to be better. I had the original charge HR but I had to have it replaced 3 different times beside the band  kept falling off. This is normal wear, nothing crazy. In fact, I recently had two major surgeries back to back, so my activity level has been very low the past 6 months. I used to love Fitbit, but their product quality has gone downhill so much in the last few years I am afraid I might have to go to a different tracker. Unfortunate because the online community is so great with Fitbit. So disappointed. Purchased through a third party, so not in warranty. 

Best Answer

I've received my replacement, and I see that you put a screen protector on yours.  I've been reluctant to use my replacement until I get a screen protector.  I've looked in the Fitbit store online, but don't see any screen protectors.  Would appreciate if you could share where you got yours.  Thanks!

Best Answer
I found them on Amazon! I have not used my replacement yet either, as I'm
waiting for the protectors to hopefully be delivered tomorrow
Best Answer
Thank you, I'll look there.
Best Answer

Mine had a vertical crack in it too. I'm getting a replacement but concerned it may happen again. I live in Florida & wonder if it has to do with the heat?? Not that I'm outside that much.

Best Answer