Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
The rep during the chat didn't ask for proof of purchase. I was asked for the email associated with my Fitbit account. They can see when you initially linked your Fitbit and determine warranty that way. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
That's fantastic, thanks very much for letting me know 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just inform them if was a gift the purchase place is just really for them to track merchandise not needed for the processing of replacement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that 🙂 I was gutted to find the huge crack & that makes it
better 😊
Best Answer
When contacting fitbit they know when you set your account up..

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

Well my wife has the same issue.  Purchased at Christmas 2016, so about 8 months old.  A large vertical crack down the center of the face.  No impacts.  I wonder if we're seeing swelling or heat from the Li-ion battery during charging - causing the screen to crack from the inside?

Guess it's time to try my luck with fitbit support.

Best Answer

My screen has also cracked and coincidentally it has cracked in a straight line along the left side of the screen right along the pressure point where the charger sits. I charged it one evening and woke up to what I thought was just a piece of hair on it and then went to remove it and noticed it is a crack in the screen. I have contacted customer service at this point so I will see what they say. It seems like a very weak point in the screen that the tension from the charger could easily crack. Poor design and they need to fix this. 

Best Answer

The y replaced mine

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

The y replaced mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like fitbit is now offering customers a choice between 50% off any new model, or replacement of the existing model.  They required a photo of the cracked watch with the case number visible in the photo.

I think this has something to do with Li-ion swelling, but (of course) support made no indication that this is a known issue.

Support resolved the issue quickly.  Just waiting for the replacement now.

Best Answer

I have had the same. At first I thought I had done something but now an identical second crack has appeared top to bottom of the screen opposite the first about 3mm from the screen edges! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. A couple of days ago I noticed a line in the center of the screen, which I believe is a crack.  I've had my Fitbit 3 months.  Not sure why it cracked. I walk and hike, nothing that would crack the screen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine actually cracked while in the sun for an extended amount of time and they did replace it. The charge2 and heat supposedly don't get along well.

Now if only I could pair the new one....

Best Answer

Like the person who started this thread, I woke up with a cracked screen last week.  My Charge 2 is 4 months old.  I contacted FitBit, and the agent I talked with by phone said the screen is not covered under the warranty.  However, the agent asked for a picture of the crack, and within 24 hours, I learned that FitBit will replace my Charge 2 without cost to me (I also had the option of choosing a different FitBit for 50% off).  I love my Charge 2, so am spinning the dice and getting a replacement.  However, this time, I'm putting a screen cover on it (you can buy them on Amazon).

Best Answer

Same here. Deep crack down the face. Unsure how .

Best Answer

Like others who have posted, I recently noticed that the screen on my Charge 2 was cracked shortly after taking it off the charger.  I wear it 24x7 every day and other than the strap wearing out after 6 months (gap next to device... I just decided to buy a new one myself) its been great and the device still works.  I'm wearing it for now but it doesn't look very good, especially at work.  The issue started when I noticed what looked to be a scratch on the screen in the middle towards the right.  It was smooth the the touch and I could only see it in bright light so I ignored it.  Within a few weeks I noticed that the screen was cracked.  

I have owned 3 Fitbit devices so far and regularly recommend them to family and friends.  I really like the looks, features, and the phone apps compared to competitors but I'm starting to doubt their durability.  Each Fitbit device I have purchased at $100 - $150 has lasted less than a year. Nonetheless, I bought my wife bought a new Alta HR to replace a flex that died a few days ago.  The Flex lasted about 2 years and it seems the battery just died.  She did make a comment that she hopes to have 'better luck' than me with her new Fitbit.. 

What frustrates me is that I can get no explanation as to what the rationale is for when to replace a device or offer a discount.  I contacted support via phone and sent in pictures.  I was offered a 25% discount on a new device for being a loyal customer.  Initially, I though that was reasonable and thought maybe I'd upgrade to a Blaze since the price is now close to the Charge 2 on many sites.  However, after looking at the Fitbit site last week I see that a 25% discount through Fitbit just puts prices on par with Amazon, Best Buy and other retailers... so really its not a discount. 

Has anyone been able to get an explanation for how Fitbit determines whether to do nothing, offer a replacement Charge 2, or offer a discount of 25%-50%?  I have seen all 3 offered here.  Likewise, what has been your experience with durability with Fitbit devices?  Would you buy another one?

Best Answer

Contact fit bit, they replaced mine.

Best Answer

I tried calling last week with no luck... offered 25% of a device. Seems
like others are getting offered a replacement or 50% off based on the
thread which would be great. Wish I could understand how Fitbit decides
who gets what. It certainly seems like there is a common thread with the
screens cracking for a number of people but an inconsistent response.

Just wanted to provide an update that I contacted Fitbit again today and my issue has been resolved.  Thank you!

Best Answer

Mine had 2 parallel crack lines develop almost exactly where the charger
fits on the screen. Think it must be a fault as replaced straight away on
seeing photos

Best Answer
I was offered 50% off or a replacement. I opted for the replacement. I had originally emailed them and sent a picture along with the email of the cracked screen. Good luck!
Best Answer