Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

So glad you got it sorted. Def think calling them is best and then I had to email pics. Good luck to everyone else who has issues. 

Best Answer

Hi MikeRad -- Good for you for your persistence and also for updating us. Clearly this is a manufacturing defect.  I haven't hit it yet so I'm "hoping" they had it fixed for the run that produced mine.  Fingers crossed!  I'm loving this device other than a few clunky software glitches (see my other postings), I'm hoping they'll get that fixed in an update.   It is SUCH a great motivational tool!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed a crack right down the middle of my screen a couple weeks ago after I charged it with the clip charger. I like what Fitbit apps do but not sure I will invest in another one, first the band broke at the connection and Fitbit replaced it without any issues. Now the watch itself is cracked which means it is no longer water proof and if I accidentally get water in it I'm sure it will no longer work.  Nice concept of having the fitbit keep track of all my physical activities but to many manufacturing issues with it and it doesn't seem like Fitbit is working on resolving the defects.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I e-mailed Support with a photo of my cracked Charge 2 screen (it is 8 months old).  They denied liability, saying it was 'user damage'.  The crack appeared after I woke so I am baffled as to how that could happen.  I don;t do high impact sports, haven;t dropped it or abused it.  After 3 e-mails to them questioning how they could possibly prove user damage on a photo and how they concluded who would get a replacement and who would get 25% discount when all have the same problem - they never attempted to answer any of my questions.  So I contacted Fitbit via the Chat option (as I live in Ireland the number they give will not allow me to call them, so this was my only option).  Anyway, I wish I had done this from the very start as I spoke to a person who was not robotic, explained various things to me and agreed to replace my tracker.  All in all, this took 7 days to resolve.  Hopefully, the new tracker will not fail. 

Best Answer
Hope all works out. I purchased screen protectors for my replacement and haven’t do far had issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a cracked screen and don’t know how it got that way. Does anyone know if I can buy a replacement screen ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would suggest reviewing previous posts on this thread. Replacement screens are not available. You have to get a new unit. If it's happened for no reason like being dropped or sustaining impact, take action through Customer Service to help get a new unit.

Sent from my iPad, please forgive any Auto Spell quirks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks for the info

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

How low did you have yours for. I just put mine on and have notice a large crack down the screen. Jut want to know what my chances are with getting a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had my original for about 6 months. I suggest trying multiple methods to get replaced. I emailed and called and got the better response with calling but have heard others had better response through email

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to insist that I would not use their offer to purchase a discounted
one and I was then offered one. Be persistent!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine for 4 months before the crack showed. If you just got it, I’d say your chances are excellent for getting a new one.

Sent from my itty bitty iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I'd had mine 8 months, then a horizontal hairline crack appeared during my sleep.  I sent 3 e-mails to customer support with photographs of the crack, also my original purchase receipt and initially they denied liability.  I then decided to do online chat with their support centre and the agent finally agreed to replace the pebble.  Hope this helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi -

Same story here, went to sleep, woke up with a hairline crack on the long side of the screen. I phoned Fitbit and they offered me 50% off another model or a replacement of the tracker component only.

My customer service person said they now believe that it might be the charging clip - that if you snap it too hard when attaching it to the Fitbit it can cause a crack or a weakness that leads to a crack. My crack is about 1/8" in from the edge along one side so that's possible I guess!

cb

Best Answer

Seems this a very common issue with these devices, have really enjoyed my Fitbit (bought on 6 December) but now disappointed that already there is an issue with it.

I've emailed support (#23275041), I'm not a construction worker, this sort of fault isn't acceptable.

Best Answer

I tried having it replaced. The agent told me she can offer me a 25% discount and suggested that "current products" are more durable. So, that infers to me that FitBit knows their Charge 2 is defective yet will not replace it. Welcome to customer "service", 2018 edition. "We know our product isn't the best, we now know it is defective and unreliable, so instead of offering a replacement, we are going to charge you to buy another one....with a quarter discount, of course." Jeez.

Once I can no longer see the information on my screen, I am going with a different company. 

Best Answer

That is rubbish. My screen was obviously a fault and they replaced without
question.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Yeah I ditched Fitbit and went for a Apple Watch instead

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Apple watches also have screen breaking problems, a search will confirm this. 

Best Answer
I have had mine for a over a year and my Apple Watch isn’t cracked and i love my Apple Watch more that the charge I had at least this screen is actually glass and not plastic

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer