Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

What did you have to do with the old Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing required, they did not ask to have it returned to them
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot remember. It is kicking around somewhere, was going to give it to
one of the kids but seem to remember I couldn’t get it to sync.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I was told they would replace mine and to expect it in the mail in about five days. Then they cancelled my order all together and want me to pay to have it shipped and insured before they will send me a replacement. I’m just wondering why I’m being singled out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to supply photos.

Best Answer
Hi,

I pointed out that for a device to be faulty within 2 months suggests a
design issue. They asked for address (Australia) and sent the replacement.

No need ot return the old one, so it's laying in the drawer.

C
Best Answer

My Fitbit charge two, screen cracked twice, both out of the blue. I literally just contacted customer service, surprisingly they did not offer me 25% off, their first offer was a replacement or 50% off my next purchase ( I got an email and such). We called customer service, I gave a very in-depth description of the cracks, I had noticed that mine seemed to be punctured from the inside out. The cracks were like little mountains, it was weird because they very randomly showed up. The guy on the other end of the phone was very nice and patient. I think that their customer service was amazing, from my personal experience. I just thought you all should know so that if you notice that your cracks are similar to mine, try mentioning that. Apparently, nobody else noticed the cracks being elevated. Good Luck, because it seems to be a defect. Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same has happened to me. Distortion whilst viewing through sunglasses and now a huge crack top to bottom of the screen. I'm so disappointed as I love my FitBit. I've always been so careful with it and it was a gift from my boyfriend last June so not even a year old. Previous comments don't bode well for getting this sorted 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

A crack has appeared on my charge 2 screen can I get it replaced

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me, 15 months from purchase date. This is the second fitbit I purchased, because the original one also had damage to the charging piece. I blamed my child, but in reading this forum, I'm now sure it's a manufacturing defect.  I'm adding this note just so that others can know others have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen cracked as well 14 months out so no warranty they say. Offered the 25% but why would I buy a new one after reading the years of issues with this issue.  Been a loyal FitBit user for years upgrading over the years.  This is a recall issue and I guess my only recorse is to wait for that and get my money back. I had the last recalled one as well and was able to get that taken care of.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
An update on my Fit Bit, I have continued to use the Charge 2 with a cracked screen with no issues only the appearance. It’s now 7 months since it cracked. I will use it until it fails. I have looked at the new Fit Bit range and they look very impressive for a reasonable price but because I didn’t get any replacement for a faulty component I think I will spend a bit more and get an Apple Watch for my future replacement.

Best Answer
Thank you for replying they are replacing mine free of charge as it is still within the 2 year guarantee just waiting it is to be delivered today see how that goes. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

My screen also cracked and I just thought there was a line on screen.  Then 3 more cracks and finally disintegration.  My Fitbit was 6 months old. Fitbit refused to replace, blaming me for “user abuse”. The only use I gave it was to wear it! Not a fan! This is defective equipment and Fitbit is not honoring its warranty.

Best Answer

I read that they have been taken to court by their shareholders because the product was deemed unfit for purpose and therefore their shares plummeted when it came to light. Here are the details: 

The case was brought by angry shareholders after Fitbit failed to disclose problems with the build quality of its products which, when revealed, caused a significant share price fall. Given our experience with Fitbits, the lack of decent build quality should have been instantly obvious, but there you go.

Best Answer
Thanks for the update
Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also cracked from the center. This wreaks of a stress fracture in the plastic, something that should be well tested by the product team.  Why would anyone design and build a poor quality product and not expect everyone to get on their case when something goes wrong.  After my current health challenge with our insurance is complete, i'll then see what they have to offer.  If i don't like it, i'll switch to Garmin and use word of mouth to let other know of my experience with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best of luck to you! They totally blamed me for the cracks🤣. I refuse to waste more money on Fitbit and have made the upgrade to an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen also cracked, four months out of warranty, vertically down the middle.  It is obviously a stress crack appearing as if it is being pushed up from the inside at the middle.  I contacted customer service, they offered the 25% off coupon, which I said was a poor offer for a manufacturing problem. This is after they already had to replace the band for another manufacturing defect. I even offered to send the product to them so they can look at it to determine the cause, no matter if they sent a replacement or not.   Guess it time for me to also explore other products, which is a shame since I have been with FITBIT since their initial trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes