Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

You didn’t it is a defect. If your in the year warranty they will replace
if not only offer a measly 25% off replacement

Moderator edit: deleted personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
On Amazon. However Fitbit replaced mine for free. Give them a call. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I'd definitely call them. I was getting nowhere emailing them, then when i spoke to a person there, they quickly sorted the matter out and replaced my pebble instead of their original offer of 25%

Sent from my Huawei Handset powered by Three
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had two cracks, no idea how they got there. If you call they’ll replace it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I googled the number for fitbit and called them. No long wait for someone to answer. They gave me a claim number and asked me to take pic with damage, band that says fitbit, and claim number while I was on the phone with them and gave me an email to send it to. They also asked for my address in the email and color and size. Once theythey acknowleged they recieved email I recieved my replacement pebble within 4 days. No hassle at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was yours in warranty?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to know too - has ANYONE outside the 12 month warranty period gotten a replacement?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a gift for Christmas 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks! I hope you are doin' great! 

I'm sorry to hear that most of you are getting issues with the screen of your Charge 2, since it has cracked. On the other hand, I want to thank all of you who get in touch with our Fitbit Support team for further help, I can also see that some of you got a new Charge 2 as a replacement, and some other, due to your warranty policies, received a 25% discount towards another Fitbit device but I'm seeing a little bit of disagreement with this option, and let me tell you that I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family, however, we as any other company have policies to follow through. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

For those who are looking for a solution in order to avoid get more scratches on your screen, I can tell you one that has perfectly worked for me. Get a screen protector (like those used for phones) to cover your Charge 2 screen. 😉 

Feel free to post your comments guys! This is your space! Smiley Very Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
What people are upset about is the “internal” crack is a DEFECT. We all understand if you smack your screen it’s the customers issue. Of course we expect it to hold up as well as a wrist watch.

Some people, under warranty, were denied replacement. While those of us following the thread can’t say for certain it did appear a defective lot was produced and it took a long time before Fitbit stepped up. I’m glad to see you are now. My Charge 2 has been ok so far but I feel the same as others — deny my legit warranty claim (if I have one) and I’m gone forever and I’ll share that. Do RIGHT by me and I go out of my way to share that too!!
Best Answer

Hi, I understand that you have policies in place that you have to stand by. I understand that you can't just hand out freebies to everyone that claims to have a cracked screen.

What I don't understand is business like yourselves selling these products that have premium price tags: made up of inferior products not up to the task of a minimal performance.

Obviously the very small amount of heat and stress produced from the very small charger is undoubtedly to much for the screen to withstand.

Evidently with the upgraded, nearly twice as thick screen with the newer Alta hr. 

My charge2 has worked flawlessly since I have had it. I wear it daily at work in the construction industry. Scratches and all. 

But is ashame that the thing that let it down was it's faithful friend "the charger".

Do us all a favour and take it off the shelves!

Best Answer

The "charger" is just a piece of wire with two conectors .

As for current, a half amp supply will easily work .

Best Answer
Hi All
This is a picture of my Charge 2 Screen that I sent to Fit Bit after being asked by a Fit Bit Rep over the phone to do so.
This picture was taken about a month after the crack appeared when it was 9 months old. I was offered 25% off a new watch. As I was very disappointed with the reply I started this feed. I have noticed quite a few people have received a new replacement watch , so Im interested why I didn't get a replacement only an offer of 25 % off a new watch ?
Thanks
Lance [cid:95b9b172-1278-420b-ac1c-79fe1ae092d6]
Best Answer

All these cracked screens and the inadequate Fitbit responses has changed my mind about ordering a new one. Think I'll check out Garmin. Thanks all.

Best Answer

With many millions of Charge 2's, the Charge 2 has out sold every other model I suspect that there will be some screens cracked. 

Note some is relative compared to total sales. A small percentage <1 is probably closer. 

Best Answer
The crack would not have been prevented by a screen cover. It has been caused internally and not by being knocked

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Support handles the replacements so they ask for pictures and review the information available including warranty status to decide if they will replace a device or not. If you have a case with them you can contact them regarding their decision but we moderators won't be able to tell why they made each decision. Hopefully they will reach a more agreeable decision for you.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I'm not sure about these stats. I received a replacement for my Charge 2 because it was cracked, and in less than 12 months, my replacement Charge 2 is also cracked. I can't afford to replace a Charge 2 every year.  Does anyone know if Fitbit has made changes that will fix this problem?  I love my Charge 2 and am so disappointed.

Best Answer

I would never buy another charge 2 I have only had mine for 6 weeks and have been on holiday and the screen has cracked. After 45 mind on the phone to a their supposed Customer Support I eventually threatened them that I would go to Trading Standards. The charge 2 is obviously not fit for purpose. Their representative was adamant that I should return to the retailer from which I purchased the device although I had already been in contact with them and due to the numbers already returned to them advised me to contact Fitbit. I requested an email from them to authorise a refund from the retailer and today Argos have refunded my money. Absolutely disgusting service from Fitbit who wanted me to return the device to the Netherlands!!!!!!

Best Answer

@OTTBMama @Ragamuffin01 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! I am really sorry to hear that your Charge 2 screens got damaged and for your experience with our Support. Usually Support can request that you send the tracker back to the warehouse as you can see in the warranty page so this is normal process. This also applies to the length of the warranty period so if your device is outside this period Support won't be able to replace the device. Still thank you for giving Fitbit an opportunity.

@OTTBMama the device remains the same if you are still wondering about this.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes