Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

@Shanna19, are you sure you are not pressing the side button for a few seconds each time to toggle Notifications from Off to On to Off to On...?

Best Answer

@Shanna19 Thanks for stopping by! Like @USAF-Larry said you can turn off notifications from your tracker by long pressing the button while checking the time so this could be the issue. I have heard this happening when users charged their tracker (the button gets press by the charging cable cradle or while doing exercises in which your tracker gets pressed to your body. You could try restarting your tracker is you don't think the button is being pressed by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

It was doing it all on it's own. Like water got in it or just lost its mind. It also would run through all the programs on the tracker.

Thank you,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Shanna19 Do you think it got wet or something? If this is the case try drying it by placing it in a bowl of rice (or silica gel packs) for 48 hours to extract the humidity and after this restart the tracker.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just saw this but I will try putting it in rice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is behaving in the same erratic way. I've checked to be sure nutton isn't stuck, it's not. I've drained the battery, and recharged fully, no change. I've tried rice, no change. This was an expensive device to die in under a year of use. No one will answer me. FitBit used to have excellent customer service. As much as I love the working product, I can't see throwing more money away. This is my 3rd device 😞

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.

My charge 2 is brand new, but the application randomly disables the notifications.  It's always overnight, and it's app based.

Please reply.  This was on of the major reasons I upgraded for the 2 and I will return it and wait for the 3 if this issue isn't resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Same here. This started today all of a sudden. Its gone crazy with the notification on and off. Is this thread moderated by someone from Fitbit? Can anyone help?

Best Answer

This is happening to me too. It’s unlikely that I am repeatedly pressing the button when I’m charging it because the notifications option can only be accessed if you repeatedly hit the button. 

Best Answer

Repeatedly tapping the button will simply scroll through menus. You need to hold the button in while viewing the clock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. It is happening to me and tried everything. I paid good money for fitbit because I assumed it was high quality. This is my third one and wondering if I should just start purchasing knockoffs.

Best Answer
For all the griping we do, the knock offs are much worse. My girlfriend tried a couple before actually shelling out the cash for a real one. The apps were absolute garbage and they both stopped working just outside of the return date.

I actually haven’t had the random switching with the latest firmware. I had a hardware issue, but fitbit replaced my watch with minimal hassle.

Cheers!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say that the notifications are turning off. 

There are a few places this can be happening. 

- the phone can turn off permissions. 

- the app can turn notification off through its main switch 

- the app can turn notifications off individualy

- notifications may be turned off on the tracker

Only the last option will also turn off reminders to move. 

The last option can only be turned off/on by holding in the button. 

If you would e help it is import steamy to let us know what step was needed to turn notifications back on. 

Failure to explain this, we will assume notifications where turned off on the tracker.. The only way to prevent this is to not hold in the butt in while viewing the clock. Stop doing this and your problems will stop. 

You might find it help full to enable the Notification Menu 

Just saying this is also happening to me is of. I use in helping you. It only says I'm. It getting notifications. 

Have you checked on the tracker it's status? 

Have you checked the permissions on the phone? 

Have you checked pitch places in the app to make sure notifications are on? 

What did you find? 

Remember we are able to help, but we need your cooperation. 

You are our detective. We are not over there. We need your help to tell us what you see and do. Along with what steps have been done that got things working. 

Sometimes telling us what steps have been tried with failure tells us a lot. 

Best Answer

My charge 2 started doing this last night. Every second the notification will buzz on then the other second buzz off.  I left it plugged in all night and it’s still doing it this morning. I tried the reset a dozen times. It’s still freaking out. Wish I could post a video 

Best Answer

Sorry to hear this happened to you too. It happened to my charge 2 as well after 14 months. All of sudden mid-morning on one fine day out of the blue, it started turning notifications on/off continuously all on it's own and hasn't been able to stop since.

Resetting the device sometimes temporarily stops the notification on/off issue (maybe every third reset -  some resets will result in no screen display showing). At least it stops until the next vibration event occurs on the watch (goal reached, alarm, movement reminder, etc) - which then triggers the whole process all over again.

Such a shame, as the unit still measures, syncs the whole time even with this issue. Just becomes unwearable to charge so often, not to mention having to tolerate one vibration per second endlessly 🙂

In the end I got mine replaced under warranty. 

Best Answer

Okay, is there a resolution to this?  This morning, out of the blue, my Charge 2 went haywire.  Notifications would just turn on / off non stop.  Then it would just cycle through every screen, non stop.  Button was NOT pressed, just doing it on it's own.  I tried resetting it, charging it, it just keeps cycling through every screen.  it did not get wet, I'm just sitting here at my cubicle. What is causing this, how do we stop it?

Best Answer

I am adding to the most recent post. Mine started this yesterday. Constant switinch with no way to interact with the device until it drains the battery. Tried two resets. This clearly is a firmware or possible but doubtful a hardware issue. Has anyone heard from Fitbit?

Best Answer

I contacted them TWICE and since it was ONE WEEK after my one year purchase date they said there was nothing they could do and that I needed to just purchase another one.  This same thing happened with my last one as well.  It seems to always happen just a week or two after the warranty expires.  Kind of coincidental??? It makes you kind of wonder???

Best Answer

Dear,

This morning my HR Charge 2 tracker also started doing this, without any previous manipulation.

Every other second it turns notifications on and off again, while eacht time buzzing.

Needless to say that after a few hours battery is empty.

After hundreds of people have reported this problem for over more than a year now (see history in this group and elsewhere on the net), Fitbit should be capable to propose a solution (or at least a work around) to its customers.

Hereby I ask Fitbit to please send me their procedure to resolve and get back to normal??

Thanks

Peter  

Best Answer