Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Text and call notifications require pairing @evance1024

On your 6s go to settings, scroll way down to applications, touch fitbit then notifications, make sure notifications are "on". Go to bluetooth and "forget this device" (circle i for dialog) any trackers connected.  Return to the home screen and hold any app icon until they all wiggle. "x" (delete) the fitbit App.  Use the Safari browser to go to fitbit.com/setup and download the App, follow the guidance for "add a new device with an existing account."  Come back and let us know that when you got to the 4 digit code pairing the first time it was a success so we can pass this advice forward 🙂

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
299 REPLIES 299

Text and call notifications require pairing @evance1024

On your 6s go to settings, scroll way down to applications, touch fitbit then notifications, make sure notifications are "on". Go to bluetooth and "forget this device" (circle i for dialog) any trackers connected.  Return to the home screen and hold any app icon until they all wiggle. "x" (delete) the fitbit App.  Use the Safari browser to go to fitbit.com/setup and download the App, follow the guidance for "add a new device with an existing account."  Come back and let us know that when you got to the 4 digit code pairing the first time it was a success so we can pass this advice forward 🙂

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
It worked!!! Thank you.
Best Answer

I followed your instructions and received the pairing 4 digit number typed it in......now to see when I get a call if it shows up.......thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer

What about for a Note 3. Text and call notifications not showing on my Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is paired just fine, but none of the text or calendar notifications come through.  I'm sure I just need to turn the feature on somewhere, but I can't find where.

I have Motorola Droid Turbo, Message + and Jorte Calendar

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is today alone I had to do it 4 times and called Fitbit 2 times. 

Best Answer

Tried to follow these steps but I did not get a new 4 digit code pin. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

Best Answer

I had to plug Fitbit into charger and into my computer. 

Best Answer

Why into the computer ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps to restart it say to have it plugged in (and I don't have a wall charger, only my computer) and then push the push until it restarts.  I did it 4 times.  I finally got all the settings set correctly and mine now work.

Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are all having a great day! 

@evance1024 and @SunsetRunner, I appreciate you are letting us know that the steps that my friend @wmchapman posted above, worked for you. 😉 

@KrisLDavis, is it the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, the phone you have? 'Cause that one is a compatible device so it should work with call and text notifications. So I suggest you to review this post and follow the instructions there if you are not receiving them on your phone. 

@Niccirn1, so Fitbit Support advice you to perform a restart? And in order to do that, you have to plug your tracker as @aswasson mentioned. Besides that, you can follow the instructions that I posted above. If you are having the same issue, I suggest you the same @Vihaan.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had to do that several times. I have not had an issue for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything that is supposed to have been done to restart my charge 2 and I still can't get it to work right....I'm seriously thinking about sending it back, I wanted to factory reset it but seems that is impossible 😞

Best Answer

I have a Note 5 and have done all of the steps and still cannot get the notifications to come thru. This is very frustrating. How can I get a replacement? Too much money was spent to not have the one feature I wanted most in this device. #Ridiculous 

Best Answer

Same problem.  Have reloaded app several times and put into bluetooth several times.  Still will not get txt and phone alerts

Best Answer

I'm not sure what steps have been taken @Tisdale, @KD62, and @HalfMary

In the app is notifications set I to the correct apps? 

Swiping down on the status bar, do you see an entry that says Fitbit notifications are running? 

In the phones sound settings, hold finger on the sound icon in the status bar for 2 seconds, check that show on lock screen is enabled, 

Restart the Charge

Power off the phone, start up phone

On the phones BT setting make sure the Charge is showing as connected, the app should have done this.. If it isn't then notifications may not work. 

Under the fitbit app - account - Charge 2 - notifications in the top right corner click the 3 dots then send test message. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

Have you solved this problem by any chance? I have a note 3 also and I cannot receive any notifications at all.

Best Answer
Got rep on phone. Sending replacement.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@powerapple The following steps should help:

1. If you use another Bluetooth device on your Note 3, it may be causing interference that prevents notifications from appearing on your Charge 2. Click here for more details.

2. To help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.

3. Make sure that "Always Connected" is turned on in the Fitbit App. This improves the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and Android phone.

4. Make sure that you are using the latest firmware version on your Charge 2, version 22.48.14. Click here for instructions on how to update.

After steps 1-4, I'd then recommend the troubleshooting section in this help article. This should help, but please keep me posted.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes